• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

"Elgrand" - One word with one E

at least he got his cylic banged :joy:

My god I hate mispronunciation.

Take the Americans for example and Thier "neeson three five oh zee"

My god it's a 350 ZED!!!

When people ask I just hand them an Elgrand welcome card and say to look on the forum... yes I do get lazy unless someone is really interested! Then it's bonnet up and doors open šŸ˜šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜€

My other half just calls them England's

Itā€™s not only the motors and Nutella, I grew up in the 60s/70s eating ā€œNessels milky barā€ (as it was pronounced in the adverts). Mr Hoity Toity ā€œNestlĆ©ā€ mustā€™ve been delightedšŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

We have Nellie the Elegrand šŸ¤Ŗ down as a possible name

A guy on YouTube says Elliegrand

Ummm I think I'm saying it right saying Elgrand, like England, but with a few letters different. šŸ˜Š

Just to clear a few things up, as I know some people get irate about mispronunciation... although, I once read that you should never knock someone who pronounces a word wrong, as they have learnt it through reading... but, let's leave that there and just help people to understand the topic in hand.

Elgrand - it's one word, and one E.

It is not El-Grand, and it is not Elgrand-e.

It is pronounced as one word with NO emphasis on any one letter. ie It's not pronounced Elgrand-AY or Elgrand-EE

I guess the easiest way to put it is that you say Elgrand the same way you say England**, just with a couple of different letters.

**note: do not add the extra syllable that football fans seem to add when they are chanting - EN-GER-LAND. Although if anyone wants to start chanting at a meet, I guess "EL-GER-AND" is going to be the best way to chant and make yourself look stupid :joy:

Hope this helps anyone who is new to the vehilollll

Just to clear a few things up, as I know some people get irate about mispronunciation... although, I once read that you should never knock someone who pronounces a word wrong, as they have learnt it through reading... but, let's leave that there and just help people to understand the topic in hand.

Elgrand - it's one word, and one E.

It is not El-Grand, and it is not Elgrand-e.

It is pronounced as one word with NO emphasis on any one letter. ie It's not pronounced Elgrand-AY or Elgrand-EE

I guess the easiest way to put it is that you say Elgrand the same way you say England**, just with a couple of different letters.

**note: do not add the extra syllable that football fans seem to add when they are chanting - EN-GER-LAND. Although if anyone wants to start chanting at a meet, I guess "EL-GER-AND" is going to be the best way to chant and make yourself look stupid :joy:

Hope this helps anyone who is new to the vehicle.
Lol, this cracked me up. Didnt know Elgrand had a pronunciation problem.

Mine's called Errol

Errol Gurando (Japanese pronunciation)

The Spanish speaking part of my brain refuses to say Elgrand and insists on Elgrand (the big one). I think I might be excommunicated from the community if say it out loud though.

Watching some Japanese Elgrand adverts on YouTube (search Nissan Elgrand adverts) and was struck by how 'Elgrand' is pronounced by the voiceover guy at the end of each one through the years. I am sure they are saying it as 'Elgrand-o' . I thought I was imagining it but that's seemed to be what they say, which is weird. Maybe it's a pronunciation thing,not are we all wrong? Below is a link to an example, if it works!

They are quite entertaining to watch though, interesting take on Japanese advertising. Especially the extended adverts which seem to have Americans driving around in an Elgrand and going on picnics and stuff!!

What do people think? Are they saying Elgrando??!!
If I'm not mistaken every Japanese sentence ends with an i! or an o!
Maybe they were shouting Elgrand o!

I stand to be corrected,,,,,

Aussies are funny people. They ask a question and then answer it themselves.
"What's your name Sheila?"
"What do you do at weekends sport?"
"What's your favourite colour Blue?"
:)
"Where are your friends, mate?"
Yeah, nah = no
Nah, yeah = yes

Japanese pronunciation is "Elgrand-oh" (maybe Erwgland-oh) šŸ˜‚

If you watch anime or japanese TV, youll notice they tend to put "oh" or "uh" or "ah" at the end of Engrish words ... "King" become "King-uh" .

Back