• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Elgrand Conversion Companies - Recommendations Please

Adam Dickinson

North West
E-Bucks
First Name
Adam
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
North West
Hi

I'm looking to get my first camper for our family of 4 and love the Nissan Elgrand. I'm going to look at buying one tomorrow (an E51 2002) and I'm looking to get a pop top added, an M1 tested rock and roll bed plus a side conversion. I live in Carlisle and just wondered if anyone can recommend anywhere in the NW, NE or South Scotland where I could get this done. Happy to consider different companies for different parts but any recommendations of good companies to contact would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
Adam

booms

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
London
E-Bucks
First Name
Aaron
Elgrand
E51
Region
London
I'm sure there's one in Aberdeenshire that gets recommended a lot. Camper Scotland?

JohnK

Premium Member
E51 Owner
London
E-Bucks
First Name
John
Elgrand
E51
Region
London
Welcome and good choice! Calder Campers in Scotland seem to get good reviews.

booms

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
London
E-Bucks
First Name
Aaron
Elgrand
E51
Region
London
Ah, here's a list of Bongo convertors. Probably lots of overlap

Reuben

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Scotland
E-Bucks
First Name
Alan
Elgrand
E51
Region
Scotland
Got mine from Calder Campers. I bought the base van from them then had it converted. Came with a 3 year parts & labour warranty on the van & conversion. Very happy with it & the after sales service.

Dane Cauffeur

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
North East
E-Bucks
First Name
Ian
Elgrand
E51
Region
North East
I got my Elgrandy form Vine Place in County Durham. I can not fault the service. From day one, taking us for a hassle free test drive, buying and the after sale has has been really good. Campers are not my thing but the last time I was there they had two or three conversions for sale and they looked good. Have a look at their web site. One thing I would say is if you do pop down to see them put plenty of time to one side. Every time I have gone they have been really busy but Dave the owner will get round to you and answer all your questions. Last time I nearly come back with a Subaru Forester STi until I got a stabbing pain in the ribs that involved my wife and the Elgrand keys.

GeordieAndy

Active Newbie
E50 Owner
North East
E-Bucks
First Name
Andy
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Thanks for the helpful reply @Dane Cauffeur I will check them out although I have the possiblity of getting a 2002 e50 non camper from a friend in April for a good price. Either way I think we will get an Elgrand for us by May 👍