• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Midlands East Midlands meet - 7th December

Nice to meet you all and put names to faces 😎
And yes Ian.(Draco) think we should make your walking stick the Elgrand marker, just need someone to make a stand for it so we can stand it in the middle of the table 🤣
And put a flag on it!

Sorry boys and girls, I didn't finish work till gone 8. Really hope to catch up with you all soon. Cheers @Ian H 👍

I can only do weekend as I would need to stay over

I wonder if a West Midlands meet could be set up? Castlewood Brewers Fayre is a bit far for those in the Birmingham area and there must be loads of members in that area. I did wonder if Burton on Trent would be a good compromise as it has good access from both directions on the A38, but I think there are several members from Lincolnshire and a little further afield that would find it a bit too much of a trek. So if anyone has a suggestion of a nice place just off a trunk road or motorway, preferably easy to get to from Derby. :) :) There was a Staffordshire meet at Himley Hall, but it seems like it was a bit of a one off, possibly down to Covid. For ultimate accessibility from everywhere, somewhere near Marston Green (Not far from the NEC) would work perhaps?

Sorry i didnt manage this meet, i seem to run out of steam mid afternoon and fall asleep in the warmth and comfort of my living room, i guess this is my new normal now.

I wonder if a West Midlands meet could be set up? Castlewood Brewers Fayre is a bit far for those in the Birmingham area and there must be loads of members in that area. I did wonder if Burton on Trent would be a good compromise as it has good access from both directions on the A38, but I think there are several members from Lincolnshire and a little further afield that would find it a bit too much of a trek. So if anyone has a suggestion of a nice place just off a trunk road or motorway, preferably easy to get to from Derby. :) :) There was a Staffordshire meet at Himley Hall, but it seems like it was a bit of a one off, possibly down to Covid. For ultimate accessibility from everywhere, somewhere near Marston Green (Not far from the NEC) would work perhaps?
Hi I agreed could look at someplace nearer I look look into this but like I have always said could do with somewhere that has overnight accommodation and weekends would would be for me as I start work at 0600hrs most days

Hi I agreed could look at someplace nearer I look look into this but like I have always said could do with somewhere that has overnight accommodation and weekends would would be for me as I start work at 0600hrs most days

I have started a thread about a possible West Midlands meet at "The Beacon" at Great Barr, which is a Harvester with a Premier Inn alongside and should be less than 30mins drive from you.

West Midlands meet

Why not vote for your preferred day(s) and perhaps we can get the ball rolling?

Last edited:
Hi guys just found this link thank you for a great night so nice to meet you all, learnt a lot hope to see you guys again soon happy new year guys

Does anyone want a meet next Tuesday (11th Jan) and then we revert back to 1st Tuesday of the month?

@Ian H I should be up for it (I'll bring the walking stick 🤣 )

Hi Ian,
I've just arrived at A&E with my eldest ... sorry buddy.
@Ian H

Back