FOR SALE E51 Work Van 2006 (Carpenters Van) £4500 ono FACELIFT MODEL

kurtcobain

Premium Member
E51 Owner
I am selling my E51 which has been stripped of some seats to create a work van for those with childen! I have removed (and kept) the rear row of seats and the middle seat from the middle row.

The van has a false floor for easy sliding of sheet material (8x4s fit). There is also a compartment for Festool guide rails and also one for 6ft, 4ft and 3ft levels which slide under the floor. I also built a rack unit which is behind the front passenger seat. This has compartments for caulk/silicone and a 30 drawer unit.

The van is signwritten which will obviously be removed. I also had contra vision vinyl applied to the windows with my business signwriting. This stops people seeing in, but you can see out. Again this will be removed and I can get your own made up if so desired as I have a contact who does this.

Ideally i'd like to swap for a VW Caravelle LWB or Transporter Shuttle LWB. This is my 3rd Elgrand, but I need something to travel ultra long distance and this van isnt it!

Its the 2.5 V6 with 150K km from memory but I will check tomorrow. Has twin electric doors, twin sunroof, rear TV screen, side camera, rear camera, EFS, Xenon low beams, black cloth/leather seats

Condition is good, though not immaculate. I am not selling a 4.5. There isn't much wrong with it that a couple hours wouldn't sort out.

THIS IS FOR PEOPLE LOOKING FOR A WORK VAN, PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME FOR THE AUCTION SHEET!! I have had 3 Elgrands, and two were too good for work van and the third I just chose to use it as one as it had higher miles.

This is my daily driver and I am sad to want to sell but for the mileage I want to do I cant afford to drive this car there! This is THE most comfortable van I have driven. Slap it in drive and off you go. Fits in parking space perfectly, great cameras etc etc. For a van, the twin electric is great. Get a tool, press shut and walk off.

PRICE £4500 ono FOR QUICK SALE SO THAT I CAN GET NEW VAN ORGANISED.

Attachments

Last edited:

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
Glws. Hope the replacement is as reliable. I hear VW are re-introducing a petrol engine into the T(whatever number they have got to now as I lost count at the last good one the T4) lineup... 😉

kurtcobain

Premium Member
E51 Owner
I didn't think I would ever be interested in a Transporter! Some seem to still be going at 350k so that must say something? They are not a patch on an Elgrand however. BUT driving across two large countries would be ££££££. We now have child No3 on the way and with baggage and other chattels the LWB Caravelle/Shuttle seems a logical choice.

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
I preferred the Merc vans when I looked last (2009) but tbh the Renault Traffic (etc) was by far the nicest to drive and is what I’d buy if I needed bigger than e51.

kurtcobain

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Here are some further photos, though I must stress the vehicle will be fully detailed when sold or swapped. It was very cold and snowing today! I gave the floor a fresh coat of paint, though I might carpet this.

Attachments

kurtcobain

Premium Member
E51 Owner
The rear wheel arch rack platforms fit Festool Systainers on the right and Dewalt Tough Systems on the left.

I carry lengths of timber often up the middle and can get 3m lengths in. Sheet wise, 8x4s also fit along the middle.

Drdax

E50 Owner
I preferred the Merc vans when I looked last (2009) but tbh the Renault Traffic (etc) was by far the nicest to drive and is what I’d buy if I needed bigger than e51.
I agree on the Nissan/Renault/Vauxhall vans, loads cheaper and drive like a car. I borrowed a lad at works 65 plate 1.6 LWB, goes well and uses bugger all fuel. I know the older engines suffer from corroded in injectors though.

Chasdad

Here for life
Premium Member
I had a traffic crew van from new. I sold it after 3 years with almost 50k on it .was faultless . My mate had an 08 vw and was a pile of crap. Constantly going wrong

kurtcobain

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Thanks!

If nobody is interested in it in current configuration then I can either build bespoke custom option for buyer or just put all the seats back!