• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Devils Dust

Personal drones will be the future. No pilots licence as they will be entirely automated. No need for any salt then.
So we all stay at home, can't meet and conspire/complain about or against the government. Democracy will soon be dead. Welcome to the Matrix Neo.

(apologies to those who don't get the Matrix reference)

So we all stay at home, can't meet and conspire/complain about or against the government. Democracy will soon be dead. Welcome to the Matrix Neo.

(apologies to those who don't get the Matrix reference)
Jean Baudrillard

Don't!!! Spent about three hours scrubbing the Elgrand inside and out yesterday because the Mrs is taking one of the kids and some friends on a roadtrip for Xmas shopping.

Half an hour into the journey she calls to ask how to refill the screen washer fluid. "I did it yesterday" I replied. "I know, but the roads are really salty"

She was only half an hour into a three hour trip. I'll be out there again with a toothbrush tonight 😩

I know what you mean about gritters, they were sign posted on the slip road of the m40/42 working it the middle of the day, what’s that about. God forbid they do it late At night when we here are going to get -3/4. Put my girl away for the winter not having them little b**###gers. Sneaking up on my paint job

They have names....

Merry Gritmas!
Gritty Mouse
Gritley Come Dancing
Grit Me Out of Here!
Sir Salt-a-Lot
Thaw, God of Grit
Alfred the Grit
Good Morning Gritain
Unforgrittable
Father Gritmas
Let it Grit
Hansel and Grittel
Gritzen
Hagrit
Thomas the Grit Engine
Sally McGritter
Salty Minion
Salt-N-Vinegar Grits

Each Gritter has a name and I have a name for each gritter !

They have names....

Merry Gritmas!
Gritty Mouse
Gritley Come Dancing
Grit Me Out of Here!
Sir Salt-a-Lot
Thaw, God of Grit
Alfred the Grit
Good Morning Gritain
Unforgrittable
Father Gritmas
Let it Grit
Hansel and Grittel
Gritzen
Hagrit
Thomas the Grit Engine
Sally McGritter
Salty Minion
Salt-N-Vinegar Grits

Too much time on your hands @WhatsThisFor lol

Philosophy @Mark76e ... a subject I never thought I would encounter on a site devoted to earth-killing people movers. Fair play mate. :) 👍
Worth investigating tbh, but then again sometimes ignorance is bliss.
I wish I'd never looked into it but then again, maybe I don't.
I dunno🤔🥴

Oh 'eck. My son is driving up to Edinburgh tonight. The A1 should be OK (well gritted):mad: but the side roads might be slippy.
A1 is clear , up past Newcastle, just white when u go up in hills , don’t know about further north

Thanks Malcolm.
He rang when he got there and said that there was a light dusting of snow in the fields but the road was OK until he got to where he was going and it was a bit slippy but OK.

York Council must be on a tight budget this year. 3 days of ice and frost and no grit or gritters to be found 😃 Long may it continue that way!!

They have names....

Merry Gritmas!
Gritty Mouse
Gritley Come Dancing
Grit Me Out of Here!
Sir Salt-a-Lot
Thaw, God of Grit
Alfred the Grit
Good Morning Gritain
Unforgrittable
Father Gritmas
Let it Grit
Hansel and Grittel
Gritzen
Hagrit
Thomas the Grit Engine
Sally McGritter
Salty Minion
Salt-N-Vinegar Grits

They seem to have avoided Gary Gritter.

Back