• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

*DATE & VENUE CHANGE* The Ultimate Motor Show NOW 26th -28th JULY - ELVINGTON AIRFIELD NR YORK

Hi folks.
Little update on this show. Tickets need to be bought by the 5th of June for anyone wanting to attend. I will be updating this thread with more info and organisation on the show after the weekend once I've spoken with @Mark (Madfish) and @Karl 👍Screenshot_20190510-095840.png

Not sure what's going on with this show but had a facebook update saying its been cancelled!!! Will keep an eye in developments and see what happens.
20190524_151255.png

Think the club should maybe avoid this event for now... :(

Had promise but maybe best waiting till its established before committing

Think the club should maybe avoid this event for now... :(

Had promise but maybe best waiting till its established before committing
Yeah possibly. It doesn't seem to be overly well run so far.

NEW UPDATE!!!!!!
VENUE AND DATE CHANGE!!!
20190524_152452.png

Personally I can not make this new date so I'm afraid I'm out!
I'm happy to assist sorting a club stand etc if any members are still interested in going

this is the same weekend as the Beaulieu jap show so will not be able to go

Gutted,living only about 2 mile away,i will hazzard a guess that the police have stopped it.They had a rave there last year & to get from my house in Tadcaster to Church Fenton 2 miles took 4 HOURS!!!!!!All the roads leading to it are very very minor b roads,where Elvington outside of York is more accessible.Main A64 dual carriage way just off Elvington.As i say only a guess folks,no doubt rumour mongers in my village will soon start the "jungle drums" as to why it was cancelled.

Hi, just booked in for the Wales camping weekend and was thinking of attending this show as well. Not sure of the procedure thou sorry, do we say yes to you, as a club event, or do we enter/pay through the event itself?

Hi, just booked in for the Wales camping weekend and was thinking of attending this show as well. Not sure of the procedure thou sorry, do we say yes to you, as a club event, or do we enter/pay through the event itself?
Hi Michael. Hang fire on booking tickets for this just yet, as due to the date and venue change, I'm not sure at the moment whether a club stand is going ahead. I know i can't make it now, so let me see if any of the other admin team or members want to carry on with organising this event. Thanks.

Hi Michael. Hang fire on booking tickets for this just yet, as due to the date and venue change, I'm not sure at the moment whether a club stand is going ahead. I know i can't make it now, so let me see if any of the other admin team or members want to carry on with organising this event. Thanks.
Hi, thank you for your reply, appreciated, Michael

I think as a club we won't be booking a stand for this this year, might be best seeing the reviews for the show and plan well in advance for next year.

Plus it clashes with Beaulieu which are going to as a club

Local for me so happy to attend. Just got to figure how to book it!

Found it. straight lines.events. £45 each for the weekend. Looks like no pay and play on the dragstrip though but more of a competition if you want to enter

Straightliners.events. I hate autocorrect!

Camping the weekend so will just look for Ellie's and tents and head that way....

Camping the weekend so will just look for Ellie's and tents and head that way....
Yeah we pulled out of having a show stand there, after the event organisers messed it all up! Changing dates etc.
I'm going away this weekend so couldn't go after the date change, but it sounded like it could be a good show.
Let us know if it's any good if you end up going 👍

Going out for my 1st drive tomoz since op,see how i feel if im up to it may take a run over myself2🚐👍

Will bring some alcohol free beer just in case you can't drink! Lol! Definitely be plenty of the real stuff....

21419 my lonely Elgrand...again! 😎 Good weekend though! Plenty of camping space and room for a club stand. Well worth a thought for next year

Back