• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

DAD grill fitting

Simon58

Here for life
Premium Member
North East
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Elgrand
E51
Region
North East
Anyone fitted one of these grills ? , need a bit of advice to fit mine . Cheers.

Attachments

• received_948178619079488.jpeg
    received_948178619079488.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1
still waiting on mine to come from japan

will let you know once fitted. I imagine it just fits the same as the stock grill

I have one but not fitted as I could not work out how to fix the bottom of it will look at it again in the summer as I have no garage so needs to be done on drive way let me know how you get on

still waiting on mine to come from japan

will let you know once fitted. I imagine it just fits the same as the stock grill
It's not the same setup on an E51 not sure about E50

Going to have a good look at it to see if I can figure some way of attaching it to my S1 Rider. If not it will go up for sale or swap.

I will be interested in buying it if for sale. My mae is still after one

I'm still undecided what I'm doing with it . But will keep you in mind if I do decide to sell it . đź‘Ť

Attachments

• 20230202_105656.jpg
    20230202_105656.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 20230202_105649.jpg
    20230202_105649.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230202_105642.jpg
    20230202_105642.jpg
    800.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230202_105646.jpg
    20230202_105646.jpg
    629.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230202_105635.jpg
    20230202_105635.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 0
To me it looks like that bottom bar attaches/bolts to the top lip of the bumper. (Possibly replacing the plastic trim clips) then the grill clamps to that with the screws on the metal lugs. And the top attaches to the cross member possibly with the existing trim clips from your standard grill.

Hard to fully tell without offering up to the car though.

Agree fully with Rob
Would offer the grill up whilst the bottom bar is attached so you can mark it, failing that then put a small amount of 3m tape under the bar and then place it again whilst attached to the grill
Top ones should really fall into place
Once happy, fit the bottom bar more permanently

I've decided not to fit it and have bought a new rider grill in excellent condition. And will be selling the DAD grill . Someone has shown an interest in it but have not replied to me pm messages

It fits oon highway star models also

I have it on mine
Judging from the listing you had on facebook.
You are missing the top brackets. You will have to fabricate some yourself to make it fit

It fits oon highway star models also

I have it on mine
Judging from the listing you had on facebook.
You are missing the top brackets. You will have to fabricate some yourself to make it fit
Not fitting it , gone off the idea . It's still for sale though .

The grill looks like someone's DAD made that in a shed (dad-joke sorry)

The only thing I will advise anyone removing their OEM grill is - tape up the bumper where the grill is, as when you pull it out it can scratch the bumper - ask me how I know...

Back