• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Curious to as if anyone would buy the S2 / S3 HWS Front Splitter / Valance if I could have them available.

Just Japanese

Premium Member
E51 Owner
North West
Trader
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
Hello all, I have been in contact with a manufacturer of aftermarket body parts and was considering having some replica HwS splitters made to enhance my own sales stock.

The only issue i have is a £500-£600 setup fee for the mould, and then minimum order of 10 which wouldn’t be worthwhile or cost effective just for myself.

After a chat with @Snoopy11 yesterday afternoon when collecting his stickers he said maybe put a post on here to see if anyone would be interested in buying from me, 1. To help soften the setup cost for myself and 2. Because no one else has them easily available (that I am aware of) and it’s something that most people would probably want.

They would be made to be bonded to the original bumper and maybe use the fixings underneath so no drilling if you ever wanted to remove.

I think to make it worthwhile I would have to sell them at around £250, maybe a little less but definitely no less than £200, I think around £250 would be fair for the buyer and for myself.

This would cover my setup and also give me a small profit margin to make it worthwhile for the initial outlay, the time doing it and the risk of sending money and getting nothing in return.

If you are interested or at least 80% interested just comment with interested and I may speak with supplier next week if enough to make it worthwhile doing and get a rough idea on timescales.

Matt

Attachments

• 1CA189BB-EA72-424E-9A34-95B5966A6157.jpeg
    1CA189BB-EA72-424E-9A34-95B5966A6157.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 3E1B94F5-F3D5-473C-A87F-AC1CFC1C5CFB.jpeg
    3E1B94F5-F3D5-473C-A87F-AC1CFC1C5CFB.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Just Japanese

Premium Member
E51 Owner
North West
Trader
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
The wife would tear it clean off on the first speed hump...
🤣 the originals aren’t much lower than original bumper but the aftermarket ones will maybe be half inch lower

Jimbob808

Premium Member
South West
Reaction score
First Name
James
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
South West
Possibly for me, although it'd depend on what other financial commitments are pending at the time, but defo something I'd like to get done.

Thevan

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Elgrand
E51
Region
North East
I looked into buying a splitter like this for a while now. Until i got a proposal notice for alot of speed humps and table tops in my area. I only found 1 for sale in the past year or so and that was 2nd hand in japan. Definitely looks better and finishes off the hws body in my opinion. On top of the price is painting and pearl white is not cheap to paint.
Its a good idea but iam 50/50 on this one.

peter strokosz

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
peter
When I had the front bumper replaced I had the option of having the splitter as it was already fitted to the secondhand bumper .. they kindly took it off for me..I do think they look fantastic on the Elgrand but with country roads n speed bumps on the school run I think I would be forever repairing it..

Ian Wyatt

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
I am interested Matthew 👍
I have a S1 E51 HWS so curious if the lip would fit my bumper.?

Attachments

• IMG_20190412_194133.jpg
    IMG_20190412_194133.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 27

Just Japanese

Premium Member
E51 Owner
North West
Trader
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
I am interested Matthew 👍
I have a S1 E51 HWS so curious if the lip would fit my bumper.?
I don’t think it would fit the s1 unfortunately.

Ian Wyatt

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Ok no probs. Just thought I'd ask, as I'd really like a front bumper trim / splitter on mine.

Pixelpoker

Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
Forget about splitters, make rear wings-we’d rip your arms off to get them! 🤑

Just Japanese

Premium Member
E51 Owner
North West
Trader
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
Forget about splitters, make rear wings-we’d rip your arms off to get them! 🤑
Haha i would need a rear wing to replicate.

However if someone has one that can be borrowed for a short while they would be compensated and I’m sure one could be developed......

dognero

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Elgrand
E51
Region
North East
What a great idea. And thoughtfull of you to offer this to others. If I had a HWS I would def have one but I have a I hope it goes well and you start doing roof spoilers too.

Pixelpoker

Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
Haha i would need a rear wing to replicate.

However if someone has one that can be borrowed for a short while they would be compensated and I’m sure one could be developed......
I have one on it's way from japan as i type - not cheap after all the shipping and import duties :(

If you're serious lets chat when it arrives in a few weeks :)

Graham

Active Newbie
Premium Member
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Very interested.
But would the splitter take into account the towing plate - see photo of my HWS S2 below:

vivid_phil

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Hello all, I have been in contact with a manufacturer of aftermarket body parts and was considering having some replica HwS splitters made to enhance my own sales stock.

The only issue i have is a £500-£600 setup fee for the mould, and then minimum order of 10 which wouldn’t be worthwhile or cost effective just for myself.

After a chat with @Snoopy11 yesterday afternoon when collecting his stickers he said maybe put a post on here to see if anyone would be interested in buying from me, 1. To help soften the setup cost for myself and 2. Because no one else has them easily available (that I am aware of) and it’s something that most people would probably want.

They would be made to be bonded to the original bumper and maybe use the fixings underneath so no drilling if you ever wanted to remove.

I think to make it worthwhile I would have to sell them at around £250, maybe a little less but definitely no less than £200, I think around £250 would be fair for the buyer and for myself.

This would cover my setup and also give me a small profit margin to make it worthwhile for the initial outlay, the time doing it and the risk of sending money and getting nothing in return.

If you are interested or at least 80% interested just comment with interested and I may speak with supplier next week if enough to make it worthwhile doing and get a rough idea on timescales.

Matt
Out of interest did this happen? I’m currently looking for one for my S2 HWS and came across this post (but clearly it’s a few months old now)
Thanks
Phil

Killerring

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Wales
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Elgrand
E51
Region
Wales
Did this ever happen? I'm looking for one aswell.