• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Congratulations

The winner may have well just bought a new car in .pointless. well done though karl.

Yeah not exactly in the spirit of things is it, I think to qualify as a car it should have had to have been driven there at least. Or have 2 categories, one for cars that get used as cars, and one for car shaped things that never do any actual miles

Yeah, normally I think these competitions just have one overall winner. They did split it down this year into different Marque's which meant more winners and better odds of winning. BUT, you cannot compete a daily driver against a show car that arrives and leaves on a trailer.

I'm just honoured to have been selected, and seeing Kumo get all the attention. As they say, it's the taking part that counts, so no sore loser here :)

Congratulations on second place. Think for next year only cars actually driven to the show should be allowed to enter. You’ll still get someone trailering down and unloading around the corner though.

Congratulations on second place. Think for next year only cars actually driven to the show should be allowed to enter. You’ll still get someone trailering down and unloading around the corner though.

You can tell which ones went in on a trailer... zero wear at all on the brake discs... Most of the cars in there had brand spaking new, out the box discs :joy:

There was no official second/third place etc... I was awarded it by my EOC family based on the fact it was the only car in there that is used every day and had been slept in the night before by 2 very drunk people :joy:

Well done @Karl you did well to come second against a trailer queen, no road car is going to be able to compete with that.
Does anybody have a picture of what did win it (just being nosey) :)

There were a few winners. There were a few categories for all the Japanese Marque's, so Nissan, Toyota, Suzuki, Subaru, etc.
Then there were 2 "special" categories which were Motorsport and Retro.

I fell into the Nissan Category, and the winner was...

Widebody Nissan Skyline R32 GTR. Looks to have been completely rebuilt from the bottom up, with new everything. You could eat your dinner off the engine.

IMG_20180901_121735.jpg

IMG_20180901_121723.jpg

YES WELL DONE :cool: that is one shiny car :) and if the winner was a trailer queen there should be a different category for them :( as well as every day cars :rolleyes: any one can sit in a garage polishing all week :eek: if the car is not driven :rolleyes:

Must agree with the comments, a car is for driving not trailering around the country . Absolutely useless, any one with a bit if money and time can get a vehicle to that standard if it's not driven . Bloody well Karl.😎👍👍👍👍Ellgrands rule ok.

Karl your the winner bud, the Skyline was a pure show car, once built and kept in a heated garage anyone can clean that for shows but to run the car every day with kids and the shit roads we have over here and come second in the Show and Shine is a BIG CHALLENGE which you mastered. Well done bud.

Back