• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Code Reading

Some of the site wont work as you need to post 10 or more to activate the whole forum

hi guys does anyone know where the water temp sensor is located???

hi guys does anyone know where the water temp sensor is located???
If you mean the engine's coolant temp sensor it is at the rear of the engine at the passenger side just behind the passenger side cam cover. It sticks up from the water elbow on the engine, it is high up on the engine and close to the transmission tunnel.

Perfect. Do you know the best way to it, my mechanic is saying he needs to drop the engine a bit to even get to it?!

If you mean the engine's coolant temp sensor it is at the rear of the engine at the passenger side just behind the passenger side cam cover. It sticks up from the water elbow on the engine, it is high up on the engine and close to the transmission tunnel.
And thanks!

it's all covered in the link earlier in this thread. Quick answer is yes but no, the link will explain everything.
Bit frustrated to be locked out from that part of the forum

Firstly its OBDC as in on board diagnostic connector and the answer is NO & YES respectively

Neither the E50 or E51 are OBDII compliant. The E51 has the same connector as used by vehicles that are compliant though but uses a communications protocol called Nissan Consult 2.

As recommended by @spuddyo , follow the link to get further info.
this link doesn't work for me either

1 month premium membership can be purchased for only £3

All posts count.

Evening folks, excuse me thread hijacking, and apologies if this is explained in the "10 posts +" locked threads, but is there a way of making a normal OBD Reader communicate with an E51?

Back story: I've got the minor engine light come up on my dash and won't get to a garage before I get home on Wednesday night (Bank holiday + holiday activities + drive home). I have a bog standard OBD Reader at home, and I'm hoping to figure out what the issue is then, but read earlier in this thread that the communication protocol is different for the E51.

Any help is appreciated as I'm away until next Wednesday and won't have the opportunity to post ten times before that.

Thanks folks!

Edit; I reckon it's probably MAF-related as the van's running fine, but we shall see. It only came up this afternoon, so I'll have to see how it progresses over the weekend.

Also there's no garages or mechanics in the area open this side of Tuesday morning, hence not just getting it checked there.

Back