• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Christmas Meet - 2nd December - Nottingham

Sorry guys, I can't make it but hope all those who can, have a great time :)

Sorry i don't think i can make the meal do to moving house beginning of December. I would love to come on the cruise but will see on the day .

Probably won't make the meal as trying to get the family out of the house early on a weekend is a nightmare but will try and come up in time for meet up and photos after the meal.

Put me down please. 2 adults. 80% sure will be there

Sorry I can't make the meet as I have football with the kids :sob:

Can we have a new List of attendees please as i would like to think that i will not end up being the only one there :confused:

Can we have a new List of attendees please as i would like to think that i will not end up being the only one there:confused:
There's 22 people on the list mate, I really don't think you'll be there on your own 👍
The recent reply's saying people can't make it, is because a notification was sent out reminding people about the meet.
It's not people already on the list saying they can't go.

So ive just confirmed the booking with castlewood pub. We currently have 38 adults and 8 children coming, all booked for 12pm on sunday 2nd dec. If anything changes please let me know. As for the secret santa thats looking a quiet at the minute............

Do you want a deposit or have they taken booking without one.

I'm hoping to still have the Elgrand for a final farewell but am i welcome in a non Elgrand if not?

Do you want a deposit or have they taken booking without one.

I'm hoping to still have the Elgrand for a final farewell but am i welcome in a non Elgrand if not?
no, fortunately they have allowed me to book it without one even though its normally against their policy for a large group to not as i just said it would be quite awkward to organise to get everyone to send some money in. He was ok about it. If not ill just have to have a few meals that day :laughing:

MEET LOCATION - BREWERS FAYRE, CASTLEWOOD (J28 M1)

MEET TIME - Arrive between 11:30 and 12:00. Food at 12:00. Move to next venue for group photo's @ approx 14:00.

SECOND MEET LOCATION (PICS) - Hardwick Hall (In Convoy) £5 per car to access car park or free for national trust members

Right, so weighing up all the options i have spoken with the brewers fayre pub at castlewood. This is a sensible priced chain pub located at junction 28 on the m1 (so easily accessible). It has a large childrens play area, is right next to a premier inn for anyone that wishes to break up the journey with a stopover either of the nights and is right across from a designer outlet for anyone wishing to stretch their legs or do some Christmas shopping.

The manager is happy for us to have a raised area of the restaurant to ourselves but the only catch is that with it being their busiest day of the week at the busiest time of the year then dining time would have to be 12pm Sunday 2nd December. How does this sit with people? For now i have provisionally booked for 30 places but this is subject to change although i have to give him a definite number a month before.
If you wish to attend then please stick your name below and how many people you would be bringing so i can get back to him at the earliest opportunity.

For those that don't plan on rushing off or shopping straight after dinner then we may well look at a little convoy up to the next junction to Hardwick Hall for a scenic photo shoot so all the photographers on here come prepared.

List of attendees:

1. @Karl & @Pippa (2 Adults)
  2. @jason pullin (2 Adults, 1 Child)
  3. @RobP (2 Adults, 2 Children)
  4. @chris56 (3 Adults, 1 Child)
  5. @Easy Rider (2 Adults)
  6. @BMR (2 Adults)
  7. @dognero (2 Adults)
  8. @Egzy (3adults)
  9. @stephen (2 Adults)
  10. @Pnewman48 (2 Adults)
  11. @Simjoh (3 Adults)
  12. @Karlos (2 Adults)
  13. @KnightRider (2 Adults)
  14. @freshandminty (2 Adults, 1 Child & 1 Puppy)
  15. @Markyboy1987 (2 Adults, 3 Children)
  16. @Shaugi (1 Adult - Not for meal)
  17. @Maxmaverick (2 Adults)
  18. @Ian H (2 adults)
  19. @ELTEL (2 adults)
  20. @ALLUN ROBINS (1 adult)
  21. @Simon58 (2 adults)
  22. @user (1 adult, 1 child)
Put me down as 1 Adult please.
Thank
you

Thanks for the invite. I'm unable to make the event even though I'm down south I've a big event in Plymouth on the 1st and I won't have recovered from. :(
Have a good time guys

MEET LOCATION - BREWERS FAYRE, CASTLEWOOD (J28 M1)

MEET TIME - Arrive between 11:30 and 12:00. Food at 12:00. Move to next venue for group photo's @ approx 14:00.

SECOND MEET LOCATION (PICS) - Hardwick Hall (In Convoy) £5 per car to access car park or free for national trust members

Right, so weighing up all the options i have spoken with the brewers fayre pub at castlewood. This is a sensible priced chain pub located at junction 28 on the m1 (so easily accessible). It has a large childrens play area, is right next to a premier inn for anyone that wishes to break up the journey with a stopover either of the nights and is right across from a designer outlet for anyone wishing to stretch their legs or do some Christmas shopping.

The manager is happy for us to have a raised area of the restaurant to ourselves but the only catch is that with it being their busiest day of the week at the busiest time of the year then dining time would have to be 12pm Sunday 2nd December. How does this sit with people? For now i have provisionally booked for 30 places but this is subject to change although i have to give him a definite number a month before.
If you wish to attend then please stick your name below and how many people you would be bringing so i can get back to him at the earliest opportunity.

For those that don't plan on rushing off or shopping straight after dinner then we may well look at a little convoy up to the next junction to Hardwick Hall for a scenic photo shoot so all the photographers on here come prepared.

List of attendees:

1. @Karl & @Pippa (2 Adults)
  2. @jason pullin (2 Adults, 1 Child)
  3. @RobP (2 Adults, 2 Children)
  4. @chris56 (3 Adults, 1 Child)
  5. @Easy Rider (2 Adults)
  6. @BMR (2 Adults)
  7. @dognero (2 Adults)
  8. @Egzy (3adults)
  9. @stephen (2 Adults)
  10. @Pnewman48 (2 Adults)
  11. @Simjoh (3 Adults)
  12. @Karlos (2 Adults)
  13. @KnightRider (2 Adults)
  14. @freshandminty (2 Adults, 1 Child & 1 Puppy)
  15. @Markyboy1987 (2 Adults, 3 Children)
  16. @Shaugi (1 Adult - Not for meal)
  17. @Maxmaverick (2 Adults)
  18. @Ian H (2 adults)
  19. @ELTEL (2 adults)
  20. @ALLUN ROBINS (1 adult)
  21. @Simon58 (2 adults)
  22. @user (1 adult, 1 child)
Hi, not sure if I can make it but it's nice & local for me, so I'll just have a run up to meet folks if I can make time.

Hi, not sure if I can make it but it's nice & local for me, so I'll just have a run up to meet folks if I can make time.
No problem. Which mansfield van are you then?

I’m at work that day but may see if I can nip out to just have a meet up with some of you.

Sry Cannot make the meal but hopefully the second meet

Back