• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

CHRISTMAS MEET 2018

Which Date?

• Saturday 1st December

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Sunday 2nd December

Votes: 23 79.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in from Lancaster anywhere suits me. Sunday best but I can make Saturday.

Aldridge, West Mids. Sunday preference, but happy with either. Thanks

OK, so the current mid point for all those listed is in the middle of the Peak District. Now although this is going to give some nice views etc... in the throws of winter, it might not be the best place for a large number of Elgrand's to congregate.
Looking around the map and placement of who is where... it would seem that Nottingham would be the best place for everyone to get to.

So AT THE MOMENT, unless we see a significant change of "mid point" the Meet will be held in Nottingham.

This is really good because it shows that more southern members are getting involved. The last few times we've had a Christmas meet it has been in Leeds which is considerably further north.

Please keep adding your names if you are interested, and then we will see where the mid point moves to.

We will decide on a meet location at the end of September. So please add your name now if you are interested in attending on either of the dates above. We will not be changing the dates from this weekend... so it's either the 1st or 2nd December.

OK, so the current mid point for all those listed is in the middle of the Peak District. Now although this is going to give some nice views etc... in the throws of winter, it might not be the best place for a large number of Elgrand's to congregate.
Looking around the map and placement of who is where... it would seem that Nottingham would be the best place for everyone to get to.

So AT THE MOMENT, unless we see a significant change of "mid point" the Meet will be held in Nottingham.

This is really good because it shows that more southern members are getting involved. The last few times we've had a Christmas meet it has been in Leeds which is considerably further north.

Please keep adding your names if you are interested, and then we will see where the mid point moves to.

We will decide on a meet location at the end of September. So please add your name now if you are interested in attending on either of the dates above. We will not be changing the dates from this weekend... so it's either the 1st or 2nd December.
Happy days, on my doorstep. Let me know if we need to start looking into suitable locations and what people would rather do? Somewhere to eat?drink for x amount of people or huddle in coats in our vans in a park :joy: and we can all have a look?

Ideally we would want somewhere with a large car park so we can all park together for photo's, looking around, general chinwagging etc.
Then a restaurant with an area that can be cordoned off just for us, so that we can get some food and do some competitions etc.

Ideally we would want somewhere with a large car park so we can all park together for photo's, looking around, general chinwagging etc.
Then a restaurant with an area that can be cordoned off just for us, so that we can get some food and do some competitions etc.
You could all come to me in Marazion near Penzance 😂 loads of space 😉 fantastic views 👌 and warmer 👌👍 don’t know what you are waiting for 🤔😂😂

8 hour drive each way... that's a no from me :joy:

But, even Nottingham is a 5.5 hour drive each way for you... ouch :(

Chain restaurant or something a bit more swanky? Just the other side of the motorway to @BMR is a Marstons big eat pub if i remember rightly, 5 mins off the m1. Might not be happy sectioning off an area on a Sunday carvery day just before Christmas but no harm in asking. Not many places in Nottingham itself with a big car park as its city centre but should be a fair few independent places on the outskirts?
Or if you did want to do peak district then there are some really nice eating pubs with car parks all over the place. Big old ones with lots of rooms. Or if anyone wanted to make a day out of it then hardwick hall has a cracking pub with 4 different dining rooms i could see if we could have one of the rooms, and either the pub car park or the main house car park for dramatic backshot photos?

Last edited:
Hardwick Hall sounds like a good shout... just need to make sure the food prices are not astronomical as it's going to cost most of us a fortune just in fuel :joy:

Would be up for this, Sunday, Notts area

8 hour drive each way... that's a no from me :joy:

But, even Nottingham is a 5.5 hour drive each way for you... ouch :(
C'mon wheres your sense of adventure :D i'll even buy the first round :cold_sweat: for the first five lol:relieved:.
On a serious note me and the boss would love to come even if it is 5.5 hours.
Just need an exact place and day,as we both work and would need to sort it.
The boss might not be able to get the time off :mad:

Okay, well unless we have a surge of interest in any one particular region, I think we are set on Nottingham and the 2nd September.

I'll keep this post open until the end of the month, but I think it's safe to assume that you can all start planning for this eventuality.

So with that in mind, if anyone already on the list CANNOT make the 2nd December, and/or cannot get to Nottingham on that date, please let me know so we can remove you from the list.

As you know, places start booking up quickly around Christmas, so we will need to get somewhere booked as soon as possible.

Okay, well unless we have a surge of interest in any one particular region, I think we are set on Nottingham and the 2nd September.

I'll keep this post open until the end of the month, but I think it's safe to assume that you can all start planning for this eventuality.

So with that in mind, if anyone already on the list CANNOT make the 2nd December, and/or cannot get to Nottingham on that date, please let me know so we can remove you from the list.

As you know, places start booking up quickly around Christmas, so we will need to get somewhere booked as soon as possible.
just fired off an email to hardwick then to see what the chance of booking out one of their smaller dining rooms on the 2nd

Sorry, can't make it in December as I am now probably on a training course in Cornwall

How about a meal at Hooters? :yum:yum
mmmmmm chicken wings, canal house just round the corner for three floors of beer lovliness, broadmarsh parking is a bit on the steep side though!

mmmmmm chicken wings, canal house just round the corner for three floors of beer lovliness, broadmarsh parking is a bit on the steep side though!

There is a car park directly in front, which IIRC is free for customers.

There is a car park directly in front, which IIRC is free for customers.
Really? How have i never paid attention to this!! Might have to take the wife out for a slap up meal one night now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back