• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

CHRISTMAS MEAL 2023 CASTLEWOOD BREWERS FAYRE (UPDATED PLEASE READ) SUNDAY 10th DECEMBER 2023 (NOW CLOSED)

Nee way you selling up
Cannot believe it myself šŸ˜Ÿ but sure just like terminator ā€œ Iā€™ll be backā€ as I love my Elgrand. Cannot afford both just now and I have chance to do a proper camper for a Europe road trip (itā€™s number one thing on my bucket list)

I have been into the Castlewood and sorted an Elgrand Owners Club UK Christmas meal. Anybody interested in going can they let me know on here so i can give them an estimate of numbers of people going. The Castlewood Brewers Fayre is just off Junction 28 of the M1 and has a hotel on site for those wanting to stop over. The festive menu has been scanned and added to the bottom of this post. For those of you wanting to stop over. (PLEASE BOOK YOUR OWN HOTEL ACCOMODATION) at the Premier Inn Mansfield on 01773 811947 or by email to Mansfield.PI@premierinn.com Meal is now booked for 12.30 on SUNDAY 10th of December, any closer to Christmas might interfere with other owners parties on the run up to Christmas After dinner i am also in talks with Hardwick Hall about group photos before we all set off back home. I will start the list.

I AM GOING TO SHUT DOWN THE BOOKING FOR THIS MEAL MIDNIGHT TUESDAY 31st OF OCTOBER AS I HAVNT GOT TIME FOR STRAGGLERS.

1)- BMR (1 Person)
2)- BEZZBAILEY (2 PEOPLE)
3)- REVEREND ROBP (2 POSS 4 PEOPLE)
4)- KARLOS (2 PEOPLE)
5)- DOGNERO (2 PEOPLE)
6)- LIZE (1 PERSON)
7)- MALCOLMYZ85 (2 PEOPLE)
8)- SCOTT FISKEL (4 PEOPLE)
9)- MISSYC (1 PERSON)
10)- RMMOON (2 PEOPLE)
11)- SAFETY MICK (2 PEOPLE)
12)-
13)-
14)-
15)-
16)-
17)-
18)-
19)-
20)-View attachment 93371
Hi, can you put me down for 2 people please? Stu & Ali

@Karl and I are hoping to make it. We need to look into logistics and prices etc. We do have our work Christmas Party on the 8th December. Hopefully I won't be too hungover :joy:

Put our names down please Brian and if we can't make it, we will let you know before the deadline :blush:

I've had to take mine and Pippa's name off the list. We can't afford it. The hotel is just too much for us that close to Christmas. Last time we stayed it was Ā£30... Now it's over Ā£100.

Cost of shit is ruining everything :(

I've had to take mine and Pippa's name off the list. We can't afford it. The hotel is just too much for us that close to Christmas. Last time we stayed it was Ā£30... Now it's over Ā£100.

Cost of shit is ruining everything :(
Sorry to hear that bud but i fully understand, things are not great anywhere at the moment, the country is rapidly going down hill and nothing is being done about it. We will hit the net zero target when nobody can afford to drive, everyone has lost their jobs and we all have to switch everything off because we cant afford it. Its a strange way to treat the people that voted them into power. Sad times guys.

OK THE BOOKING HAS NOW CLOSED. I AM BOOKING TABLES FOR 27 PEOPLE.

Thanks guys I am sure we will enjoy it.
Cheers.
Hi, Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m going to have to pull out. Currently in hospital awaiting surgery (Gaul stones!!) and as I donā€™t get sick pay Iā€™m gonna be a bit stretched.
Really sorry but if another couple can take our place that would be cool
Stu&Ali

Hope all goes well and your up and around soon.

Ok Stuart, that cant be helped, i know what its like, I will soon be in hospital for about 4 weeks soon.
Hurry up and get well bud.

How about a car boot sale at the Christmas meet ?
As my Elgrand has been written off, I have a few items which I can fetch along if anyone is interested:
Make an offer -
* Original Exhaust from 2005 E51 HWS ( decatted) - free to anyone who wants it
* Front grille from 2005 E51 HWS
* original tailgate struts
* external blackout screen cover (does front and driver and passenger windows)
*internal blackout cab curtain fits behind front seats
* made to measure, stretch carpet covered board which fits over full width Rock n Roll bed to protect bed if choosing to carry bulky items

Then for the campers / cyclists:
* Berghaus XL4 nightfall air tent (2 bedrooms, lounge and porch) with footprint and carpet - Ā£600 used twice
* Thetford Porta Potti - Ā£20 never dumped in
* Thule 2 bike rear rack with fittings for E51 - Ā£100.

If anyone's interested then I can bring these along in van but if not then weā€™ll come along in wifeā€™s little car.
Either way looking forward to catching up with you all next Saturday & Sunday

I may be interested in the exhaust please Mick. Let you know closer to the time? Does it have a back box?

Look forward to meeting you again anyway.

Hi Simon,
Yes itā€™s complete from front cats back over, but rear cats have been decored.

Just let me know and I can drop it off on way down as I will be going A1 to M18.
(Need to pick your brains too, looking for Refillable lpg bottle (safefill / gas it) or small underslung tank to serve my cooking and hot water on next conversion)

Cheers Mick! I'll let you know.

Yes no problem looking into some sort of refillable tank/bottle, we'll have a chat about that.

Back