• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

CANCELLED - ElgrandOC 1st Anniversary Meet - Saturday 29th August - Coventry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
I know this may feel a little premature, but August will be upon us in no time, and I want this meet to be a good one. This will also give you all plenty of time to be able to save up for the event, as I would love for as many of you as possible to come! As with the Christmas meet, there will be competitions on the day, photograph opportunities and a chance to get to know your fellow members.

As for the date, the actual anniversary is Friday the 28th August, but I think a weekend would better suit the masses, so I have made it Saturday 29th August.

Unlike the Christmas meet, whereby the location moved depending on who had their names on the list, I am just going to pick a central location in the country. This will accommodate any last minute attendees and will be fair to everyone.

I have done a quick Google search, and the most central point in the UK is Fenny Drayton, Nuneaton. Now, there is nothing here of interest, so I have looked at the surrounding areas for a good place to meet, and I reckon Coventry would be a great place, which can also be accessed by the M6 (north west), the M1 (north/south east), the M5 (south west). So there are main roads across the country that all lead here.

Coventry also has a great place to hold a car meet - the Coventry Transport Museum. I went to this museum a lot as a kid, and loved it every time I went. So I am sure that a group of car enthusiasts will be able to appreciate what they have to offer. There is also a great place close by called Coombe Abbey, that we can use to have a group picnic/BBQ and let the kids/dogs burn off some energy.

We could also maybe look to make this a weekend event, and arrange some camping/hotels for people to stay at and make the journey for those from further afield a little more justifiable - but do you need more of a reason than to be a part of this great community? :laugh:

So, we have the bare bones, we will plan more as the date draws nearer.

Who's up for it?

1/ Karl
2/ Freshandminty
3/ Chris
4/ Mariusz
5/ BMR
6/
7/
8/
9/
10/
11/
12/
13/
14/
15/
16/
17/
18/
19/
20/

Re: ElgrandOC 1st Anniversary Meet - Saturday 29th August - Coventry

Me too :thumbup: :wave:

Perhaps another jam meet at the same time/location? At the minute I'm good to go to Coventry, but as I can't get up to Sheffield, could something be worked in to this meet for a bit of fun?

Thats a bank holiday weekend i think

Murph, it's possible, if we use acoustic instruments. Lugging amps, speaker cabs, drums, guitars, cables etc around for a weekend and having no where planned to set up would be a bit tricky.
The jam session in Sheffield is being hosted by headless' band Your Next as it's local for them. We can look into this, but as I said, it would require a little bit of planning.

And if it's a bank holiday weekend, we'll just have to work through it lol.

You mean drink through it lol

Even better :drinks:

Could have a weekend at billing aquadrome?

What's that mate? Could add it to the itinerary for the meet :)

Its a large camping area with fun fair pubs cafes .but its a bit further south milton keynes i think .had a couple car shows there in the past sorry northhampton :drinks:

Just had a look they r having a jap meet 6.7 june .ÂŁ10 per car up to 4 people that would be good

Hope to make it I have the Elgrand by then :)

I've put your name on the list dude, even if you don't have it, come in that amazing cube :thumbup:

Karl said:
I've put your name on the list dude, even if you don't have it, come in that amazing cube :thumbup:

Cheers Karl, trouble is if the cube hasn't sold by then I think I'll need to rethink the Elgrand plans.

Need more members on the list for this.

This meet will mark a year since the club started. It's a central location, so it's fair to everyone attending from afar. This'll be a great day, possibly a great weekend, and would be amazing to have a huge group of us join together to mark the occasion!

So come on guys. get your names down!

:rant: :devil: Sorry karl cant make it now. Wife booked holiday

I'm interested in Coventry meet

Should I add you to the list then Chris?

Depends on holidays I might be up for it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back