• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Can I convert the screens to English?

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Simple answer is no. The standard Elgrand In Car Entertainment hardware is designed for use in Japan only. The Sat Nav is for Japan only, the menu's are all in Japanese, and no, there is no way to convert them to English.

I believe the later S3 E51's and the E52's have a solution available, but I'm not too clued up on it.

You can either learn to live with Radio 2, no sat nav, and managing with the standard set up, or you can apply some of the work arounds/solutions to resolve this.

The simplest method, but only available to those with the AV pack (meaning you have Audio/Video inputs on the drivers side in the rear door card) is to get an external DVD player that you can set to output in NTSC (UK is PAL) format, and then whatever you play will come through the screens.

For those who don't have the AV pack, or want something a little more permanent, you will need to look into replacing the standard head unit.

There are guides in the "how To" section that will talk you through replacing both E50 and E51 hardware for UK spec (or local spec whatever country you're in) including wiring requirements, things you'll need, etc.

There is a system available to buy for around £1000 plus off ebay and from Australia which is type specific for the S3 model E51's. I reckon it would be well worthy of the spend if it does actually does what it says it does.

Reactions: Bez
Thanks for that @Brendan1969. I knew something was knocking around, but haven't read up much on it.
I saw it on ebay a few weeks ago Karl. If it makes all that lovely late model Elgrand audio kit work in English and show in English it has to be well worth the money and that way none of that lovely audio has to be removed which is a great shame TBH.

Have you any more information on this system.
I think the bus I have on it’s way is a series three

If it’s £1000 for the system to get it all working that’s not far away from the probable costs of changing everything for a new decent spec system

If it’s £1000 for the system to get it all working that’s not far away from the probable costs of changing everything for a new decent spec system
That front grille is definitely a series 3. Looks a nice bus.

Its something I will deffo be looking to do if and when I upgrade to a late S3 model E51 circa 2008-10 vintage.

Do you have a link to information on it. I like the idea of not changing everything

Do you have a link to information on it. I like the idea of not changing everything
I don't have the link but I did see an advert on ebay some time ago about a system that was available in Australia for around the £1000 mark plus or minus a few quid either way. Try ebay.com instead of ebay.co.uk as you may find it better.

I’ve sent three e mails to Uni Bee to get more information and costs but so far no response

I’ve sent three e mails to Uni Bee to get more information and costs but so far no response
7.30pm until 11pmConversion of navigation system to English for Nissan Elgrand E51 3rd 2008-2009

Sorry.
I’m not sure what you mean

Sorry.
I’m not sure what you mean

Not sure how the7.30 to 11 appeared on the post, but the conversion of navigation is the heading for the eBay entry, it is currently ad £867 but has been as low as £803 due to exchange rate fluctuations, I have been waiting for the £ to soar & the price to come down to about 50 quid 🐖 couldn’t find a flying one. I have wondered though, when a few more of the series 3 arrive in the country, if a group buy could be arranged & probably, especially for me, a group fitting. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
That looks good if it really works.
Do we know any more about it or has anyone bought one

Simple answer is no. The standard Elgrand In Car Entertainment hardware is designed for use in Japan only. The Sat Nav is for Japan only, the menu's are all in Japanese, and no, there is no way to convert them to English.

I believe the later S3 E51's and the E52's have a solution available, but I'm not too clued up on it.

You can either learn to live with Radio 2, no sat nav, and managing with the standard set up, or you can apply some of the work arounds/solutions to resolve this.

The simplest method, but only available to those with the AV pack (meaning you have Audio/Video inputs on the drivers side in the rear door card) is to get an external DVD player that you can set to output in NTSC (UK is PAL) format, and then whatever you play will come through the screens.

For those who don't have the AV pack, or want something a little more permanent, you will need to look into replacing the standard head unit.

There are guides in the "how To" section that will talk you through replacing both E50 and E51 hardware for UK spec (or local spec whatever country you're in) including wiring requirements, things you'll need, etc.
numpty question ( tried google 1st) when did series 3 come in and what distinguishing features has it got? :) many thanks.

numpty question ( tried google 1st) when did series 3 come in and what distinguishing features has it got? :) many thanks.

Pretty sure it was some time in 2007, no idea why that sticks in my mind but it does 😁

A company that does conversions in Australia, Star Auto Sound, has a facebook page with lots of pics, might give you an idea of whats available etc

Back