• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Can I convert the screens to English?

Amazon Japan I’m afraid. The mod plugged into the Nav unit behind the glove box and allows the screen to work when VTR is selected with the handbrake off. Doesent allow the dvd to work though which is not what I expected.

Amazon Japan I’m afraid. The mod plugged into the Nav unit behind the glove box and allows the screen to work when VTR is selected with the handbrake off. Doesent allow the dvd to work though which is not what I expected.
Best I take the plunge and try and get it ordered from Japan then! So you didn’t even need to take the fascia off to wire that mod in? I was expecting something a little more involved than just going behind the glove box so that’s good. Out in interest, where did you take the live and ignition lives from? Did you need to run new cabling, or could you ‘tap’ them from something already near where you installed the box?

Best I take the plunge and try and get it ordered from Japan then! So you didn’t even need to take the fascia off to wire that mod in? I was expecting something a little more involved than just going behind the glove box so that’s good. Out in interest, where did you take the live and ignition lives from? Did you need to run new cabling, or could you ‘tap’ them from something already near where you installed the box?

I bought some piggy back mini fuse holders and tapped off the fuse box behind the little drop down draw under the steering wheel which does mean removing the lower panel. This is quite easy to do, remove four bolts that hold the bonnet pull and filler pull In place and then pull the panel off. I ran the power feeds behind the kick panel down into the foot well space. I bought two usb extension leads with panel mount sockets, ran the cables the same way and fitted these to two of the switch blanks to the left of the steering wheel. I also drilled a small hole in another blank to take the joystick cable through.
The fitting of the Amazon JP cable means removing the glove box and pulling out the cable to the rear of the Nav unit and then fitting the mod cable. Bit tricky but it’s not too hard to remove the Nav unit if you can’t do it with it in place.
All sounds a bit intense but not that bad a job.

Picked up my Elgrand this morning so will have a look at access etc to do with the way you've done it. Hammering with rain and the minute so will probably have to wait until the weekend now. Looking forward to getting that front screen doing something!

Hi guys I have an E51 '05 plate it has a touch screen centre console none of those button things you guys have so brilliantly change. I was wondering am I able to remove the software off the HDD and add my own English software?? The only reason I ask is when the screen tilts down so I can insert a cd/dvd there is an SD card in the unit which, if you remove it, appears to o contain the whole program for the radio/cd player/dvd and sat nav. So has anyone here tried anything like this at all??

Not quite sure what you have there. Are you saying it's an Android HU configured in Japan?

I have no idea ha ha it's a Panasonic cn-as300d screen in the centre console will stick pic here now

You need premium membership to directly post a pic. Otherwise you should link to a host.

Right, ok I don't know how to link to a host so will have to post more to get premium I guess lol

Thank you for replying though once I can upload the image I'm sure all will become clear

Premium is £12/year. Been looking at the spec. It's a Japanese unit so you'd be better off replacing it if you can.

£12 a year?? Right sorry I misunderstood I thought it was part of the unlock after ten messages thing lol
Yeah I may have to replace but have nowhere near the money needed for that at the moment and I'm trying (fingers crossed) to engineer a workaround with some help from my brother in law (my IT guy lol) he has managed to reprogram some tablets that were all in Chinese ( didn't have Google play store etc because of Chinese restrictions etc) the tablets now in English and allows access to Google play store and stuff so fingers crossed.

If he can't do it though will have to live with it for the time being...what have you guys done to extend the radio frequency to get the UK bands?? Indie see something on here but can't remember where lol

It looks like a good system but the FM tuner is Japan band so you'd need a band expander to pick up UK radio and UK maps for the sat nav if it will work here. You may just be able to connect a smartphone and use it via that. I use miracast and android auto so my phone does everything including streaming radio channels. But if you have a personal IT guy then you may be in luck with reprogramming. There seems to be plenty of information about it online.

Back