• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Can I convert the screens to English?

I’ve just ordered the unit from Estonia via Xanavi. Should arrive on 12th July. Fitting it in an E52, so will let you know how it goes 🤪

I’ve just ordered the unit from Estonia via Xanavi. Should arrive on 12th July. Fitting it in an E52, so will let you know how it goes 🤪
Yes, please do.

I am pleased to say it’s all in and working like a dream. What can I say? I now have a fully functioning English speaking satnav that’s actually really good. I can now access all menus and functions (in English)

I am pleased to report that all of the 360 cameras still work perfectly. I can operate the rear screen and play any DVD front or rear

The clock facility allows you to adjust so the time is correct (see photo) all in miles per gallon now too as trying to convert that was a pain for me.

I’ve found so many other awesome features of the car too. I’ll post more info when I have time if of interest to anyone. Could do a little video of the menus if anyone would want to see it

I ordered the replacement switch panel too as I didn’t want to go for stickers. All in all a relatively easy install if you are used to taking things apart. Just need to be gentle with the panels and keep an eye out for hidden screws.

The customer service and communication was excellent from https://xanavi.net

They turned the whole thing around and got it to me from Estonia in less than two weeks. I wouldn’t be put off by their website. My daughter was convinced I was going to lose my money, but I couldn’t recommend their services high enough. Money well spent as it has transformed usability and added so much more functionality. I think it would increase saleability if I ever wanted to sell the Elgrand. Can’t ever see myself doing that though. Best car I ever owned in terms of functionality and comfort.

I still need to send the old unit back and get my deposit back. I’ll let you know how that goes.
96735962-A196-44B3-9F71-DCB307460AF8.jpeg
C6057548-9CB2-4928-8C17-F9C9FC42A4FE.jpeg
9CFB64C5-CF43-4B87-9ED8-065508AA0D0A.jpeg
CCEFAA52-C948-40B3-A50F-764B9D4CE254.jpeg

Hello @wiz0101

Great choice, I did the same - and many others have too. No one (that I have found) has lost money and @xanavi have been awesome in replying to questions etc.

I still need to send the old unit back and get my deposit back. I’ll let you know how that goes.

I sent mine back (to their previous address in Russia), and all went well, deposit returned in full after a few days.

Rest easy :)

And for anyone wanting more detailed info on taking the dash apart, see the blog that @victor101 has been writing on his E52 experiences. There's a whole blog post on this very swap out right there.

for E52 S2, is there a non chinese double din that also has AV out? i.e. alpine, pioneer. So that I can use the driver's screen

for E52 S2, is there a non chinese double din that also has AV out? i.e. alpine, pioneer. So that I can use the driver's screen
Not that I've been able to find (and I spent a long time looking before deciding on a Pumpkin).

There are lots of big brand double dins with rear AV outputs, but they are universally intended for rear seat entertainment and only output video playback to the rear screen. No Nav, No Android Auto/Carplay, No UI.

Not that I've been able to find (and I spent a long time looking before deciding on a Pumpkin).

There are lots of big brand double dins with rear AV outputs, but they are universally intended for rear seat entertainment and only output video playback to the rear screen. No Nav, No Android Auto/Carplay, No UI.
How you find the quality of the pumpkin? Does it work with Bose? could you link please to where u bought

How you find the quality of the pumpkin? Does it work with Bose? could you link please to where u bought
I'm happy enough with the quality, I bought a model with a DSP chip which reviews reckon give better sound quality. I almost exclusively use Headunit Reloaded for Android Auto and this has worked pretty flawlessly for me, however, some people have reported issues with apps randomly crashing on their Pumpkin units.

You will need a specific loom to make Bose work, make sure it's Bose (it'll have Bose logos) and not the Nissan Theatre Sound system as that needs a different loom.

Unfortunately the Pumpkin I bought has been discontinued, I bought it from autopumpkin.com

• Love
Reactions: jev
Just had a thought ! When the Xanavi is fully installed does the mileomemitor read in KM or Miles. Thanks guys just getting to love this platform.
Tom

Just had a thought ! When the Xanavi is fully installed does the mileomemitor read in KM or Miles. Thanks guys just getting to love this platform.
Tom
The odometer will always read on km unless you have a canbus converter for the speedo fitted.

The trip computer on the touchscreen is configurable once you have Xanavi fitted.

The odometer will always read on km unless you have a canbus converter for the speedo fitted.

The trip computer on the touchscreen is configurable once you have Xanavi fitted.
separate question forum would not let me send you a private message. The question is I have a crap Android HU Hizpo professionally fitted. Do you think it would be wired to swap for pumpkin? Thank you.

Last edited:
Just heard from our dealer there's a CD you can get now to convert screens to English. I think the company was called Xanvi?? Anyone done this? £160 or so, apparently.

You are confusing the two options:

Firmware CD from New Zealand for about £160 changes language to English, but maps are still Japan.

Xanavi £500-£1000 coverts to European spec Nav with maps of Western Europe.

Tbh, after using Google Translate app on all the labels and instruction manuals it’s become pretty straightforward. I only use a fraction of the settings anyways so I just memorized them.

You are confusing the two options:

Firmware CD from New Zealand for about £160 changes language to English, but maps are still Japan.

Xanavi £500-£1000 coverts to European spec Nav with maps of Western Europe.
Xanavi doing 20% off at the moment.

I converted my Elgrand to English just over a year ago using the XANAVI system.
It then cost around £1200 but was worth it.
The fitting was DIY but the instructions were good and the online/text support was 100%.
I ended up with all display messages in English, a working UK satnav, working clock, USB connection for DVD ( or anything else), all the buttons were in English and I was 100% happy.

In fairness the mileometer is still in KM, and the controls on the steering column dont function but i believe Xanavi have sorted that out now.

Just thought it worth a mention.

Back