• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Can anyone help, is there any special fluids and oils for my Elgrand e51 series 3 . IE engine, power steering, brakes, transmission. Thanks.

cobra5

London
Reaction score
First Name
Boodram
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
London
Hi my Elgrand family
Can anyone enlighten me about the type of fluids I need for my Elgrand series 3. IE break fluid, power steering fluid, transmission fluid, engine oil
Thanks

Try search. These have been asked and answered hundreds of times.

Hi my Elgrand family
Can anyone enlighten me about the type of fluids I need for my Elgrand series 3. IE break fluid, power steering fluid, transmission fluid, engine oil
Thanks
Hi cobra5, how did you go gething information on this I’m very interested to find out as well.

You will need this lot if you have AWD.. please note there’s no coolant in the photo .. from left to right , brake fluid , gear box fluid ,transfer box fluid ,engine oil, diff oil and lastly power steering fluid FA4E20BC-E08A-4CCE-B145-2B8C0427F9AA.jpeg

Jesus, looks like you are keeping the oil tycoons in business single-handedly. I’m hoping that the dust on those bottles means that although you have em, the van doesn’t use too much of em?
You will need this lot if you have AWD.. please note there’s no coolant in the photo .. from left to right , brake fluid , gear box fluid ,transfer box fluid ,engine oil, diff oil and lastly power steering fluid View attachment 78467

Jesus, looks like you are keeping the oil tycoons in business single-handedly. I’m hoping that the dust on those bottles means that although you have em, the van doesn’t use too much of em?
I had all the fluids done a couple of years back , so there’s not a lot left in the bottles but keep them for reference, with what goes in where written on the bottles with a sharpie ..all the information is within the forum as that’s where I got it from in the first place ..as they say look after a car and it will look after you ..we also have a cube with the CVT gearbox that also needs looking after …

Last edited:
You will need this lot if you have AWD.. please note there’s no coolant in the photo .. from left to right , brake fluid , gear box fluid ,transfer box fluid ,engine oil, diff oil and lastly power steering fluid View attachment 78467
You have 3 different types of transmission (gearbox) fluids in the photos.

They all seem be Dex/Merc fluids based on the labels that I can see. If that is correct something like a fully synthetic Maxlife ATF can replace all of them. If you can show a picture of the standards it should be easy to figure out. All of the brands listed on the bottles used Dex/Mer fluids.

I hope that this helps

You have 3 different types of transmission (gearbox) fluids in the photos.

They all seem be Dex/Merc fluids based on the labels that I can see. If that is correct something like a fully synthetic Maxlife ATF can replace all of them. If you can show a picture of the standards it should be easy to figure out. All of the brands listed on the bottles used Dex/Mer fluids.

I hope that this helps
Because there’s more than one part of the transmission ? Transfer box differential box gear box .. three in total ..hence three different fluids ..hope this helps

Last edited:
Gear box , transmission box and diffs require different fluids .. I’ve only gone on what was an alternative to the original Nissan fluids .. do your research .. no it didn’t help …

no it didn't help... np
did my research and MaxLife ATF a full synthetic covers the transfer case, transmission, and power steering.
good luck

see testing below
compatibility listing

Last edited:
The only one you really need to keep an eye on is engine oil, as many engines seem to use enough to need occasional topping up between services. I get no blue smoke, a very slight oil leak - leaves the occasional spot on the drive - but it still needs a top up from time to time. I have no idea where it disappears to!

Back