• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Cab curtain

Snapperman

Premium Member
South West
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Elgrand
E51
Region
South West
HAS ANYONE FITTED A CAB CURTAIN AND HOW DID YOU ATTACH THE TRACK LOOKING TO FIT ONE IN MINE JUST STARTING TO PLAN FOR THIS YEAR

HOPEFULLY SOON SHE WILL BE GOING TO THE BODYSHOP AND THEN I CAN CRACK ON

DO ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THE SMALL PLASTIC CURTAIN HOOKS FOR MY RIDER CURTAINS THERE VERY SMALL AND THIN MY DOG BROKE TWO WARNING SOMEONE OFF LOL!

THE ONLY AFTERMARKET ONES I'VE SEEN WERE HORRIBLE AND CHEAP. I'D SUGGEST POPPING INTO YOUR LOCAL CAMPER CONVERTERS, WITH YOUR VAN, SO THEY CAN ADVISE IF THEY CAN DO ONE WITH PROPER RAILS.

WHAT ABOUT GETTING A RAIL FROM A BREAKER? LOOKING AT MY FACTORY FITTED ONE IT WOULD BE QUITE EASY TO REMOVE AND REFIT...

WHAT ABOUT GETTING A RAIL FROM A BREAKER? LOOKING AT MY FACTORY FITTED ONE IT WOULD BE QUITE EASY TO REMOVE AND REFIT...
stupid question how and where is attached to the cab roof any chance of a couple of piccys please ///

Its not for everyone but rather then use a cab curtain I just clip a grey fleece blanket up and tuck the middle into the sunroof,

Handy as it means you dont have to move the seats forward when putting it up or make any permanent mounting holes, but obviously you need a sunroof for this particular hack

I put a cover over the outside of the windscreen and side windows. Does the job for privacy, but not ideal for "stealth" camping. 🤪

2 small holes drilled it the top of the plastic where the seatbelts fasten.
Then and elasticated net curtain wire with a hook on both sides.

I bought an aftermarket one that matches very closely the factory curtains on my S1. I am very happy with it. It attaches across the roof lining with a full length rail, held by a double sided sticky strip, and some very small screws.
Will Get some pictures and info later.

I do the same with net curtain wire & curtain. Works well 😁

These are identical to mine.

I actually got them from

I think he is

JAP AUTO CARS LIMITED
37-41 Mount Pleasant Road
Southampton
Hampshire
SO14 0EG
United Kingdom

The advert was for a full set of Elgrand/Alphard Curtains, but I contacted him, and he had the centre ones in separately.
Might be worth a call.

Did you get this sorted? I've recently replicated a load of these hooks for a local dealer and I've got a load available if you still need them.

Did you get this sorted? I've recently replicated a load of these hooks for a local dealer and I've got a load available if you still need them.
Hi thanks for the shout how much for how many pleas I am sorted but spares would be a bonus 😀

Hi thanks for the shout how much for how many pleas I am sorted but spares would be a bonus

they are currently supplied in bags of 10 (of each type) for £5 posted, but i'm happy to do some forum discount. the more you need, the less you pay sorta thing.

I love the ideas here. Literally been looking at doing this this evening as I have a bit of a lep of uk coming very soon and I will be stealth camping a fair bit so discreet is the name ;-)

My cheap and easy solution is a black shower curtain with a Velcro strip on the top. Sticks to the roof lining and hangs over the front seats. 'Tis but a few seconds to put up and take down.

I went for retrofitting the factory curtain set up, attatched the rail to the roof lining with small screws in the factory position.

20210712_201616.jpg

Back