• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Bullying & conduct on the forum

as stated above i seem to have missed the nasty side of some posts or im a bit thick skin and didnt notice as much keep up the good club reputation as a friendly place to be on its been great over the 2 years ive been on here
I thought all this kicked off after I renamed you Toady. :joy:

Poop poop!

I find bullying sad and all too easy for bullies to hide behind a screen my son suffered on line bullying for some Time and didn't come forward until it effected him so much mentally no matter how young or old you are it has effects on the person at the end of it I haven't seen it as such in the club but I for one wouldn't like to see it we all have the same interest so keep up the good banter and the help and advice we all gain from the club

I find bullying sad and all too easy for bullies to hide behind a screen my son suffered on line bullying for some Time and didn't come forward until it effected him so much mentally no matter how young or old you are it has effects on the person at the end of it I haven't seen it as such in the club but I for one wouldn't like to see it we all have the same interest so keep up the good banter and the help and advice we all gain from the club
Ah, this would kill me. Hope your Son is doing well now.

I was bullied by a lad at school, skip to many years later when I became decent looking and random blokes would send me friend requests on FB, this ex bully sent me a friend request, no message just a request so I sent him a message saying "Don't be stupid" and I immediately blocked him.
I could not believe the cheek of it, he made my life hell the c*lt.

Ah, this would kill me. Hope your Son is doing well now.

I was bullied by a lad at school, skip to many years later when I became decent looking and random blokes would send me friend requests on FB, this ex bully sent me a friend request, no message just a request so I sent him a message saying "Don't be stupid" and I immediately blocked him.
I could not believe the cheek of it, he made my life hell the c*lt.
The bloody cheek of it Kermit as if you would nothing worse in life in my opinion you do right and thanks about my lad hes a lot better than he was not that its happening now but it has after effects these things need nipping in the bud before they get out of hand

The bloody cheek of it Kermit as if you would nothing worse in life in my opinion you do right and thanks about my lad hes a lot better than he was not that its happening now but it has after effects these things need nipping in the bud before they get out of hand
Oh I hear you, it stays with you for many years.

Bullies have a distinct psychological makeup. They lack prosocial behavior, are untroubled by anxiety, and do not understand others' feelings. They exhibit a distinctive cognitive feature, a kind of paranoia. They misread the intentions of others, often imputing hostility in neutral situations. Others may not like them, but they typically see themselves quite positively.

Or in other words, gits.

Can't say i've seen bullying as such but have seen a few unsavoury threads in the last few months and have even been dragged into a couple (hopefully i conducted myself reasonably )---from what i read today from @Karl it would seem that the bullying has been of a "shoot then remove the evidence" sort if thing (cowardice in my books anyway)
I will say though as i did in another thread , i have seen a difference over the last few weeks , tempers down, snide remarks almost gone but then it has to be said that certain members haven't been on during this time
I also saw a member leave because he just couldn't hack it anymore (i never saw any of what he described happened , but have no reason to doubt it did)(SAD to say the least)
I think karl said somewhere "time to draw a line in the sand" and i couldn't agree more----there are enough idiots out there disrupting each others lives and causing undue trouble and pain, lets NOT have it here
I have a can in my hand so--"Here's to change" cheers

Yes, the dawning of a new era. We could call it the trump line.
I think karl said somewhere "time to draw a line in the sand" and i couldn't agree more----there are enough idiots out there disrupting each others lives and causing undue trouble and pain, lets NOT have it here

I have been at the club since May 2020. During my stay here, I have never seen facts of bullying. I heard about facebook, but I'm too old for it)) The atmosphere of the forum is very friendly, even I, a person of a different culture, country, language, views, managed to join the forum. You are cool friends with cool Els)
I will add from myself. There are also problems with bullying in Russia. This mainly concerns the new generation. Those of us who grew up and lived in the terrible 90s in Russia understand how important it is to be responsible for our words and deeds.

I'm just catching up on a few posts as been locked in the kitchen drinking,cooking and drinking some more for a good few weeks. I am disgusted to hear there has been bullying on here and so hope the culprits are found. It's a great club and I have met some fantastic people at meets who I'm sure will be lifelong friends and hope to meet many more in the new world, anyway I'm off back to the kitchen hic hic 🥃

Although I have not noticed the bullying on the forum, it may be that more people are more sensitive due to current times (lockdown, seasonal anxiety, etc) but there is no excuse at all. Shame that the great people running a great forum are now being affected by the one or two bad apples, lets have it stopped, call out those responsible for the upset and move them on.
I have a true hatred of the bullies in all shapes and forms having seen what the outcomes can be to those targeted, fortunately my make up is a little different and skin a lot thicker so don't rise to the cowardly tactics and have no problem challenging such behaviour when witnessed. After all 'I was not born to be subtle'.
To the EOC admin team and good members - Keep up the good work and don't let the few ruin this forum for the rest.
To the bullies - if you feel the need and cannot change your ways then its time to move on or look over your shoulder as karma comes along.

hmmm it seems someone was upset on my behalf i can assure every one that i can and will be upset for myself if need be but thank you for your concern

B
You guys need to spend a bit of time on bodybuilding forums......you will then realise how much of a sanctuary this place is.
Body building.. The members of this club don’t need that.
Take a look at the people pictures thread. Everyone is ripped with god like features.
I’m off back to the fridge. I mean gym for muscle protein beer.

Well no one has come forward with any further reports of bullying. Now is your chance to come forward and tell me about any goings on that we need to be aware of before this thread is locked. Although going forward I'll be keeping more of an eye out.

Well no one has come forward with any further reports of bullying. Now is your chance to come forward and tell me about any goings on that we need to be aware of before this thread is locked. Although going forward I'll be keeping more of an eye out.
So will we getting feed back about the bullying, since it’s stated a it’s large scale, a number has left to this problem meaning more than 1 , and to be honest even 1 is too many , not nice for anyone . I’m on here quite a lot and haven’t seen any , but it’s possible but does make me wonder who or why , personally since whole forum was mentioned about bullying and not the people doing it , it would help clear the air abit

So will we getting feed back about the bullying, since it’s stated a it’s large scale, a number has left to this problem meaning more than 1 , and to be honest even 1 is too many , not nice for anyone . I’m on here quite a lot and haven’t seen any , but it’s possible but does make me wonder who or why , personally since whole forum was mentioned about bullying and not the people doing it , it would help clear the air abit

It's been stated that it's on a larger scale than I am aware currently, but I have no names. I have nothing to feed back at this present time and if anything does come to light then yes I will be sharing.
But if nothing more is said, then there is nothing more to report.

Back