• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South East Brighton bash September 1st relocated

LeStempy

The French Connection
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
André
Elgrand
E51
Region
Rest Of World
Just gauging interest for a meet in Brighton so the more easterly members get a look in. I would suggest the top deck of the Brighton Marina car park as it's free and by a retail outlet with scoff shops. It looks like the headroom in the car park is 1.95m which is getting a bit tight. Anyone driven in there and survived or willing to go and find out?

I'm in (but it will be a squeeze), although 1.95 is going to be close for those with higher suspension (XL's) and definitely eliminate any with a poptop

The one day I can't make it as already have a show to go to.

Too far away from me.
My lowest on standard suspension with a pop top is 2.05.

Well judging by the lack of interest it may revert to Portsdown.

im away from 30 aug/6 sep so so still cant make this one :sob: but i want to get to one before end of year :cool:

Where is portsdown

maybe the Brighton one would be better somewhere open and free like stammer park or hove sea front a multi storey car park doesnt float my boat

i did google fly over devils dyke looks good and free parking as you say andy someone nearer could organise that end of the south east and im still in cornwall on the ist

i did google fly over devils dyke looks good and free parking as you say andy someone nearer could organise that end of the south east and im still in cornwall on the ist
You will have to liaise with @Harvo for your own mini meet :D

:joy::joy: dont think my mrs or her dad and my mum will appreciate that:scream::scream:

How about here, or perhaps someone local has an idea and would like to organise it.

The cafe is nice there - a group of us cycled there and back a couple of years ago - I remember the hill climb well and the food was good. It was a popular place but being on a bicycle I didn't notice how full or otherwise the car park was, but looking at the aerial photo, I would imagine that getting a 'group park-up' might be tricky.

Hayling Island sea front has a good few large car parks for a 'group park-up' but it is of course the school holiday period and the main roads in/out can be busy, although a 1000 meeting start time is not likely to be an issue. The car parks are not free but the price for a couple of hours is not outrageous. Some of the car parks are also in close proximity to small 'eats' kiosks/cafes too.

Back