• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South West Breakfast club Haynes motor museum

Ok hopefully everyone has seen the meeting point for tomorrow! it is at the The Orchard Inn, High Road, Galhampton, Somerset, BA22 7BA this has been agreed with the owner of the pub and i reakon from 8-8:30 meet to leave around 8:50 to be there for the opening time of 9a.m. I have a complimentary eoc sticker for all attendees too.
See you all tomorrow
@red5 @Carl Games @dom @Sandie @MarcusB @Abi Baker @Somerset folk @Billy @L200_crew @MikeG @Lewiebug @Shakey @dave g @Shore Campers @Jonp13 @Andyzz @alboy

Last edited:
Hi Daddyof4, can you add me to the list. Hope the weather hold up, unlike Beaulieu. Thanks.

Hi Daddyof4, can you add me to the list. Hope the weather hold up, unlike Beaulieu. Thanks.
Absolutely will, great to have more and weather looks great, unlike beaulieu 😕
Looks like it's going to be a great turnout too 👍👍
Screenshot_20180803-184401.png

@alboy I forgot to add you to the list, there's 2 maybe 3 coming from beaulieu now so if your still considering it?
Would be great to have a round number 👍

Who's washed their van ahead of tomorrow??

I washed it yesterday was hoping to polish it today no way 28°C here managed to clean windows that will be it. I thought I would charge the battery even that gave up it got too hot:cold_sweat:

Last edited:
I washed it yesterday was hoping to polish it today no way 28°C here managed to clean windows that will be it. I thought I would charge the battery even that gave up it got too hot:cold_sweat:
What is that grill on yours Andy?? Quite unusual

It's a Impul but I have removed the bumper and put a standard one on the Impul kept hitting the speed bumps around here and the side fixings had broken where they join the wings. I have kept the grill anyway you will see tomorrow

Wash hoping to do a quick wash but ran out of time, not looking too shabby though and did chuck the hoover round the inside 😄. Early night needed for an early start so should really stop drinking gin ;-)

:cold_sweat: Ha ha ha I hope you have a wash he he :D too hot here to drink think I've drunk a gallon of water today have been to the toilet yet :sun: have a good journey see you tomorrow

I’m up for this tomorrow, looking forward to meeting up

Just washed mine , and lost a couple of letter s off the back , for a while I had a .L..AND sitting on the drive, just managed to get rid of them all with a bit of white spirit and some elbow grease ..... brilliant

link to the photos from today guys here
great day thanks to all those that came

Anyone fancy joining me to this monthly jaunt
H
My Elgarran Is a Highway Starr. White with black interior. I have fitted a rear kitchen unit. My wife and I use the van for holidays away, we do not camp-in the Elgrand, but use it for daytime use. I may try camping some time in the future..
Hi @Billy ,
I want an Elgrand too😀 if i understand you right, you started with the basic van and turned it into a camper, just wondered how difficult it was to do? How much it cost and if it really works for you?
Did you buy the "kitchen" in as a ready to fit unit or make it yourself?
Sorry for all the questions but research is everything in my book, we want to do this but homework is needed and we haven't even loked closely at one yet!
Cheers
Graeme

Hi Graham
The conversion works ok for us. The only change I would make is to make the sink and gas hob accessible from the rear as well as the inside. While attending the Elgrand meet-in Yeovil this month I used the van for sleeping at a camp site.
I found all the information I needed for the build on YouTube. I would say that you require a good level of diy to be able to make a good job of the installation. I wii try and upload some pictures in the next few days.

Hi Graham
The total cost including all the electrics was £1500.

Back