• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Boot trouble

There is a flap at the bottom on the inside that has a handle behind it. This is the emergency release.
This will open it so you can investigate it further.
May have something caught in the latch.
Hi, we have a bag strap stuck in the boot and trying to do this. Not sure if we have the right panel, Could you do a picture? Thanks

Hi, we have a bag strap stuck in the boot and trying to do this. Not sure if we have the right panel, Could you do a picture? Thanks
Its at the bottom leftish of the boot panel , remove the small panel its about 6in square then you can get at the boot release handle.

Its at the bottom leftish of the boot panel , remove the small panel its about 6in square then you can get at the boot release handle.
Found a lever but It doesn’t seem to open it, push/pull/lift etc. Any ideas?

You could get someone on the outside to give the bottom of the tailgate a little push while your lifting the handle from the inside.

Wedge the lever in the open position roll up a blanket and place on the inside of the door and push with your feet, if that doesn't release it then a short sharp kick with both feet.

Thanks. Last stupid question lever up or down to open?

up if I remember right

Where do I find this panel? Do I pull the material lining off? I can open the boot by the handle but no soft close or open on electric button?

Put your fingers between glass and top of panel and give a good tug , the side panel is in 2 parts and the top fabric bit will come away from the bottom bit of the panel . Then you can get to the fuse box

Put your fingers between glass and top of panel and give a good tug , the side panel is in 2 parts and the top fabric bit will come away from the bottom bit of the panel . Then you can get to the fuse box
Is it right at he back below the window? Does the curtain rail come with it?

yes, the whole panel pulls off, including the bottom rail, takes a good yank, make sue poppers are lined up before banging it back on

Where do I find this panel? Do I pull the material lining off? I can open the boot by the handle but no soft close or open on electric button?
Hi Lee,
I take it you mean the handle on the inside of the rear door. On mine I couldn't open the boot from the outside...only the inside. I thought I'd fixed it by changing the fuse, but that only worked for one go! Just pulling the fuse and putting it back would reset it, but again only for 1 opening of the boot.
In the end I got a replacement boot lock mechanism from Steve at Tojo Motors (in the trade section on here). Took about 40mins to fit and has worked as normal ever since.

My door problem is solved. It was working intermittently after heavy rain. Leave it parked overnight and then it would work again, then after a few weeks it stopped all together and would not lock or power up at all. Being rural I've had a strap attached to keep it closed for a few weeks wondering how I could get it sorted as I thought the motor had died. Found the fuses (thanks) but they were all ok. Tried the emergency handle and nothing. That got me thinking...the handle should do SOMETHING...unless it is....Sure enough, stuck a pair of pliers into the fully closed lock and gave a couple of big pushes. It moved and the motor immediately kicked in. It was jammed. Wack in a bit of grease and ran it a few times and now it works like a charm. It is the darnedest thing and hopefully this helps someone who might have the same problem.

Thanks, you would think that the motor would just whir and go no where to alert you that it is jammed, but for some reason it is dead until you unjam it. You press up to open the door and nothing happens. Maybe it has a cut off switch to protect it? I am no car expert so I have no idea.

Back