• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Boot trouble

Elgrand the big boy

Active Newbie
South West
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Elgrand
E51
Region
South West
My boot has decided to lock and not want to open again. It's a strange one had it for few weeks now. Fine ever since. Now.

Any ideas

There is a flap at the bottom on the inside that has a handle behind it. This is the emergency release.
This will open it so you can investigate it further.
May have something caught in the latch.

There is a flap at the bottom on the inside that has a handle behind it. This is the emergency release.
This will open it so you can investigate it further.
May have something caught in the latch.
Thankyou ill let you know how it goes.

I've got the same problem at the moment, opening it from the inside and pulling then putting back the fuse allows it to soft close but then it won't open again. Seems strange that just taking out the same fuse and putting it back gets it working, but only once.

I tried opening from inside that worked. I thought I was in business then shut it once I saw all was clear of obstructions. Then when tried to open from outside button didn't want to know boot is still only usable from inside. Give up for today. Good job I've got two doors anyway if need to get anything in or out but definitely not want to leave it like that too long.

Might be issues with wiring as the auto side door once I locked the doors that's the only one stays open... When should all be locked...

Check the rest of the fuses in the side fuse box as one might have gone

The door locking system is controlled by the IPDM unit behind the rear nearside panel. It's more than just a fuse box. If you have access to it and have checked all fuses are ok you may find that carefully unplugging it and then reconnecting it will reboot it into a working condition.

Back