• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

North West Blackpool Illuminations 24th October 2015

Hahaha
Tesco's extra by anychance? 1st left after roundabout on preston new road? use to go there frequently when we had caravan at marton mere!
But ill ikeep me eye out on here for an update!

Where are we thinking of meeting and at what time, a day out maybe

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Hi Mike, because some of us have a few miles to travel to get there I was thinking of meeting up at about 12.00 midday at the Clifton Shopping Centre car park at post code FY4 4UJ (just at the end of the M55, turn north up the A583 then left into Clifton Road) Its just a few miles out of Blackpool and has a big enough car park that we wont get in peoples way. We could then move on to the coast somewhere so that any kids can get on the sands or amusements etc or the grown ups can get something to eat / drink etc. Anyone know anywhere on the coast near there like Lytham where we can enjoy please speak up.

I think I could make a day of that ill speak to the gaffer

We will be there but alas not in an Elgrand as won't be getting one till end of November. but if you can put up with a Nissan xtrail tagging along we would love to attend. might give me some ideas for the E50 I am determined to get

Ok guys not long now till the Blackpool Meet so I will recap on the details so they are clear.

WHEN - SATURDAY 24th OCTOBER.
MEET TIME - 12.00 MIDDAY.
MEET LOCATION - CLIFTON RETAIL PARK CAR PARK, POST CODE FY4 4UJ.

As we have upwards of 20 vehicles turning up for this lets make sure we take care not to annoy anyone and drive with respect and thought for other road users and pedestrians, I want to see this meeting and cruise take place in safety for the sake of all and to show others that the Elgrand Owners Club UK are the best car club in the UK.

We won't make the lights, and won't have the kids, but we'll come for the initial meet up. Jerry know Blackpool and the area well. Lytham is lovely, but parking is a bitch! Might be better up by the sandunes . It's on south shore, where the illuminations start. I'm getting hi. To have a look now.

We will be there but alas not in an Elgrand as won't be getting one till end of November. but if you can put up with a Nissan xtrail tagging along we would love to attend. might give me some ideas for the E50 I am determined to get
I to will be there but in a shitty ford smax,been to this place quite alot as we had caravan at haven's marton mere caravan park wich is literally cpl mins drive away,always found the quiet area was up past tesco's and top end of the car park where there is 3 smaller shops,think it was like a home bargins,ill be there morning time 9 ish at central car park but will make my way to tesco's around 11-00 and see if i can scout the area for some good parking spots for roughly 20 vans,so if you see a loony in blue coat,stood infront of black car jumping up and down that will probbably be me.

Bubbles agreed on parking but its same anyway where in blackpool,allways found that the coach area nr central beach car park has allways had spots on and not to far a walk from the beach,but also be aware that blackpool FC will be playing at home this weekend so may have adjust to reflect this.

Bubbles agreed on parking but its same anyway where in blackpool,allways found that the coach area nr central beach car park has allways had spots on and not to far a walk from the beach,but also be aware that blackpool FC will be playing at home this weekend so may have adjust to reflect this.

That's where we always park for the north west stages!

Any idea what the plan is for the day? I'm working a night shift and probably wont be there for 12. Also keeping the kids (and wife) occupied for 8 hours is always a mission.

We know it will be quite busy down on the sea front due to the illuminations, I was hoping that someone used to the area could suggest a location to drive to along the coast somewhere so we could park up, have a walk, something to eat and drink before forming up for the lights drive through early evening so those of us with young children can get home in a reasonable time. I have said 12.00 at the retail park but I cant see us moving off before 1.00 I would think, anybody got any suggestions as to where we can have a meal or drink?

There is a Toby Carvery about half a mile up the road from the retail park( just past the windmill on left hand side ) with a large car park where you could grab a bite to eat and drink before moving off to park and walk about (weather permitted) and will be away from the mad rush.

Parking wise you have a number of options
Down by the pleasure beach 2 large car parks but a bit of a trek up to the tower end and back
Yeadon Way again a large carpark 10 mins walk from South Pier
Central up near Coral Island ( but come dinner this will be chokablocked )

Just a couple of ideas to chuck around and there is allways somewere you can eat on the front if you dont fancy a pub lunch,as for parking,probbably best to play it by ear on the day and see where everyone can get in but i have listed the 2 biggest i know of in that area,use to be a large car park on bloomfield road but built a large complex on the site.

I think there is a large car park in St Anne's where the baths used to be it is an aire for motor homes and gets quite a few of them on there after dark.

Long time since ive been down that neck of the woods,wasnt there a large car park after the St.Annes pier?

They sound ideal think we will have to do a mid afternoon trip along the front and play it by ear then, Thanks guys

Sorry as expected we won't make the trip up, been a hectic week so just want to chill over the weekend.

I'm definitely gonna be there, with the kids and the (ex) wife. Things are still a little weird, but I'm sure we'll be fine. :worried:

I am mad as a wasp went out to visit the mother this morning and got a puncture. no problem put spare on and continue. visited and set off back to get tire repaired drive half a mile and get another puncture. get mate out and get tyre repaired set off home and damn ed xtrail drops into limp mode. so instead of Blackpool tomorrow car is having new injectors. # gutted. so now hoping I have my ellie before the Xmas meet

Weather not looking too special now either which is pants. Am I right in thinking the plan is to meet at Clifton still, then maybe move off and park up somewhere else? Are there still plans for an evening drive through the lights when it's dark? Not quite sure what time we will be there yet, but we will definitely still be coming!

Weather looks to be OK from 14:00 onwards.

Not sure what time we'll be there either. I'll firm up our plans tonight and see what's what :D

Back