• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Best E50 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
In order for you to enter your E50 into this award, all you need to do is post 3 pictures of your Elgrand (any pictures are OK), and post a little bit about it. You must enter your own Elgrand, this is not a nomination award.

If you are not a premium member and therefore unable to upload images, please see THIS GUIDE on how to insert a picture.

The written text about your Elgrand will need to be in the following Format

Elgrand Model: Highway Star
Year of Registration: 1998
Engine: 3.2 Diesel
Years Owned: 2 years
Modifications: Aftermarket Alloys, stainless steel exhaust, blue interior lights
Why you think your E50 should win: most reliable car I've ever owned, never let me down and always puts a smile on my face

Entries will be allowed until 17th August. On this date, the entries will close and the voting will open. Voting will then take place until 31st August.

VOTING NOW OPEN - CLICK HERE TO VOTE.

Please Enter the Username of the person you are voting for in the TITLE of the message, and repeat the username in the message text (just because you cannot send a blank message).

Nominations will be tallied up and the winner announced at the live Awards Ceremony from Yakushi on Saturday 14th September.

Prizes

1st Place - £25
2nd Place - £15
3rd Place - £10

Last edited:
I'm gonna kick this off by entering my Elgrand.

Elgrand Model: X
Year of Registration: 2001
Engine: 3.5 Petrol
Years Owned: 2 years 4 month
Modifications: 20" Chrome Works LS105 wheels, rear wiper delete & Holographic Elgrand logo sticker in place, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, JL Amplifiers, Alpine Type R subs, Tein Coilovers with EDFC controller.
Why you think your E50 should win: This Elgrand is super clean. Not just from the amount of time I've spent polishing, but there is not a dent on it. It's sailed through 2 MOT's without headache, is now covering 25k miles a year and still looks like a new car. The ride is harsh, but I like a hard ride :joy:.

20190516_203010.jpgFB_IMG_1534777526996.jpg20190516_203226.jpg

Elgrand Model: X

Year of Registration: 2001

Engine: 3.5 VQ35DE

Years Owned: 3 years

Modifications: 20x10j SSR Vienna dish, HKS hypermax coilovers, Zelious exhaust, Kenstyle bodykit and grill, impul back panel and spoiler, red/clear rear lights, HID front dipped, LED main, LED side, limo tint, quick release aftermarket steering wheel, VIP dash table, purple dash trim, front captain's seats, aftermarket pedals, integrated wireless phone charger, custom embroidered leather seat covers, white LED dash bulbs, purple LED mood lighting, white LED room lights, UV LED atmosphere lighting, RGB LED disco lighting, RGB LED under chassis lighting, illuminated media table with purple LED fans, 8in touchscreen in dash, motorised pop up 6.5in touchscreen in dash, 15in touchscreen in media table, 24in android smart LED TV, 6.5 FLAX focal component speakers front, clarion 6.5 full range rear, 2 x 8in JBL GTO804 subs, sound deadened panels, matching 4ch and mono class D Pioneer amps, low profile sub enclosure with integrated storage compartment, Samsung S8 running 6.5in screen, desktop PC with win 7 running the other screens.

Why you think your E50 should win: Personally I love it for all the tech installed and all the LED lights... :) oh, and there's lots of PURPLE lol

Last edited:
20190331_105052.jpg20190427_211524.jpg20170701_103527.jpg

Elgrand model : Rider

Year of registration : 2002

Engine : 3.0D

Name : Flo

Years owned : 5 years

Modifications : Where do I start ..... ripped out interior ,converted to full camper bed sink hob fridge 2 front swivel seats etc etc ,laptop roof ,fitted chrome bumper caps, chrome rear light trim,chrome window cill cover from a Navara,chrome side window surrounds, chrome door handles ,Lenzo Concertos 18",painted engine cover metallic red,replaced all bulbs with less inside and out,DRLs ,exhaust trim chrome,drop down tv,extra mood lighting in led,blue dash bulbs,sourced ultra rare piano black interior trim probably the only one in the country,sports piano black steering wheel quick release, sports pedals,bike rack,replaced Rider stripes,red rim blades,red headlight eyeliner,converted upper and lower grills chrome (E51 look) ,led step lights blue,new Rider decals,new double din head unit,chrome trim fitted to air vents, winglets fitted to lower skirts,bonnet protector and decals,heads up display,door step covers chequered aluminium, dashcam,front window curtains ,both front seats retrimed to match rock and roll bed, I'm ordering to day made to measure chrome side bars.

Why should Flo win :

I have been all over Britain in this awesome machine ,I've been to places I would never have seen before if I did not have Flo.I have the most amazing memories and have many more to make because of Flo.She has been the most amazing and reliable ,the feeling I get when driving a such a unusual vehicle, the attention she gets,the compliments,the head turns,the look on peoples faces,the thumbs ups, that she gets is unbelievable, I've never owned anything like it .I smile every day I drive her and I drive her every day .She has never let me down ,starts first time every time. She is not just a camper van ,a form of transport,she is part of the family and we love her 💗.
#VoteforFlo 😂😂

@JohnE - I have to say mate, yours is the one Elgrand that totally throws out the worries of owning a 3.0 Neo Diesel. I've never seen a post from you with a problem of any kind and shows that the mods you've made and the care you give it have prevented anything from going wrong. If there was ever an Elgrand success story worth featuring, it would be yours. Great effort mate, and as always, looks banging ;)

@JohnE - I have to say mate, yours is the one Elgrand that totally throws out the worries of owning a 3.0 Neo Diesel. I've never seen a post from you with a problem of any kind and shows that the mods you've made and the care you give it have prevented anything from going wrong. If there was ever an Elgrand success story worth featuring, it would be yours. Great effort mate, and as always, looks banging ;)
Thanks @Karl ,there are a good few 3.0D out there that have been totally fine ,you've had a good E50 there too ,E50s rule

Elgrand Model: V model
Year of Registration: 1999
Engine: 3.3 V6 petrol
Years Owned: 8 years
Modifications:
EXTERIOR:
Full 'Fabulous' bodykit, front and rear bumpers, side skirts and side infills, and lower boot lip.
Standard high level spoiler, mid level rear deck spoiler, front bonnet spoiler, custom made front grill with gold mesh. Custom made side canards on skirts Superstar Lodio drive 17" alloys finished in gold. Chrome light surround painted black. LED rear reflector lights. Rear lights smoke tinted. Custom free flow twin 3" exhaust back box. Rear wiper delete. Front sunstrip and various decals. Underfloor LED lighting. Gold bolts in engine bay and boot, gold battery clamp, gold oil cap. Gold quick release bumpe fasteners.HKS performance air filter. Brembo brake pads.
INTERIOR:
Full blue LED lighting including dash, heater display and roof lighting. 'Fabulous' leather seat covers with custom embroided head rests. Custom Fabulous side step light. Momo steering wheel. Interior plastics sprayed in black and glitter. Afterburner style fog and LED light switches. Kenwood stereo, Pioneer and Fli speakers with Edge 10" sub.

Why you think your E50 should win:
This car is a real head turner whether you're out and about or at shows. I've done all the work and modifications myself and spent a lot of time, effort and money to make her how i want it.
She's not without battle scars, but after all it's my daily work van carting paint and ladders around as well as been our family car. I've owned her 8 years and in that time done 90,000 + trouble free miles!! And she still scrubs up well with a wash and polish. We've made some awesome memories across Britain and Europe, and we've met some of the best people I know through owning it!! Win or lose she's mine and I love her 😁😎
20190709_063217.jpg20190706_222152.jpgScreenshot_20190726-132809.png

Last edited:
Going to be a tight competition this. Cracking examples of E50’s there

20190726_205056.jpg20190726_205004.jpgreceived_470872433681838.jpeg

Elgrand Model: Highway Star
Engine: 3.3 petrol
Years Owned: 6 months (bought in February 😱)
Modifications: hopefully I get everything as there has been alot done in 6 months. Windows tinted, vinyl wrap bonnet and roof, 18" Nissan Alloys added, stainless steel sports exhaust, blue interior dash lights, roof bars and roof bike rack, new grill (top n bottom) new number plate and jdm angled mount, all chrome painted red or sticker-bombed, tailgate bike rack fitted under the rear spoiler, rear jdm tow hook, commando hookups for camping, additional usb sockets and three pin plugs for camping, foldaway longboard table, xtron 10" head unit, speakers replaced with pioneers, sound deadening throughout, aftermarket pull down tv, dash table, reverse camera/ dash-cam mirror, interior led strips, facelift console tray, DAB radio, solar panel for off grid camping, new steering wheel, removed the reversing mirror and rear wiper.

I'm sure I've missed something 😂 it's also had a ton of work done that's more maintenance since I've bought it and a load of part/bits not yet added.

Why you think your E50 should win: realistically I dont think it should win, compared to the beautiful Van's above it's in a different class. Yunisu as i call her! Is a rough project that is more of an expression of my insanity... i dont even know where I'm going with the project and to be honest i think she will be a monstrosity by the time I've finished 😂 but I'm absolutely loving it atm.. I get so much fun out of working on her, thinking of new things to add and especially driving her.
In some ways I already feel as though I have won my own personal competition and the prize is the joy the van gives me, the fun times me and family have in an Elgrand and especially being part of the Elgrandoc community.

E50s rule!

Elgrand Model: V model
Engine: 3.3 V6 petrol
Years Owned: 8 years
Modifications:
EXTERIOR:
Full 'Fabulous' bodykit, front and rear bumpers, side skirts and side infills, and lower boot lip.
Standard high level spoiler, mid level rear deck spoiler, front bonnet spoiler, custom made front grill with gold mesh. Custom made side canards on skirts Superstar Lodio drive 17" alloys finished in gold. Chrome light surround painted black. LED rear reflector lights. Rear lights smoke tinted. Custom free flow twin 3" exhaust back box. Rear wiper delete. Front sunstrip and various decals. Underfloor LED lighting. Gold bolts in engine bay and boot, gold battery clamp, gold oil cap. Gold quick release bumpe fasteners.HKS performance air filter. Brembo brake pads.
INTERIOR:
Full blue LED lighting including dash, heater display and roof lighting. 'Fabulous' leather seat covers with custom embroided head rests. Custom Fabulous side step light. Momo steering wheel. Interior plastics sprayed in black and glitter. Afterburner style fog and LED light switches. Kenwood stereo, Pioneer and Fli speakers with Edge 10" sub.

Why you think your E50 should win:
This car is a real head turner whether you're out and about or at shows. I've done all the work and modifications myself and spent a lot of time, effort and money to make her how i want it.
She's not without battle scars, but after all it's my daily work van carting paint and ladders around as well as been our family car. I've owned her 8 years and in that time done 90,000 + trouble free miles!! And she still scrubs up well with a wash and polish. We've made some awesome memories across Britain and Europe, and we've met some of the best people I know through owning it!! Win or lose she's mine and I love her 😁😎
View attachment 21322View attachment 21323View attachment 21325
@RobP superb! Ours is the same model....nothing like yours though! I wish all the entrants all the very best for nominations ☺

@RobP superb! Ours is the same model....nothing like yours though! I wish all the entrants all the very best for nominations ☺
Thanks Magsy 😁
Hoping to see a few more entries on here. I know there's a lot of e50's in the club, and it's great to see pics of them 👍

Thanks Magsy 😁
Hoping to see a few more entries on here. I know there's a lot of e50's in the club, and it's great to see pics of them 👍
Don't think that I will be putting Jeeves forward lol but I like what you said that win or lose, she's your and you love her☺ we simply love our old bus 😊🚐

Elgrand Model: homy caravan
Year of Registration: 1998
Engine: 3.2 Diesel
Years Owned: 2 years 2 months
Modifications: not so much modified as refurbished! Was a little unloved when we brought it so has had new brakes and calipers, new shocks and springs, wax oiled, some welding, a fair amount of respraying and waxing but in my eyes starting to look like it's owned and loved now.
Why you think your E50 should win: this is by no means a show van but a multi functional machine that has taken myself and my family all over for some great memories, it ferries my 86yr old grandma around in comfort (downside being she doesn't want anyone else to pick her up for anything anymore!) it does tip runs with ease, it's been a bridal wedding car and as much as it sometimes scares me, I rent it out to help pay for its upkeep (it's currently in Cornwall while I'm sat at work in Mansfield) and is always loved by the people that have rented it. It's the only vehicle I've ever owned that I've got up for on a Sunday morning to clean. As other people have already said, we are all winners already as we own one of these amazing beasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back