• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Beaulieu Simply Jap 2019

So, even after putting on 'Factor 50', I still managed to get burnt... and I spent most of the time sitting in the bloody shade, lol

Great day, great people, great Vans, great weather, great venue and... and I thoroughly loved it. Lots of new and old faces, and hope to catch up with you all again at future meets :)

Plenty of passers-by showing an interest in ALL the vans too, just stopping to admire all the various colours and setups. Lots of them praising the Elgrands, as they had not seen or heard of them before, so all in all a brilliant day raising awareness of this stunning vehicle.

Right, now where's that bloody Aftersun!

So, even after putting on 'Factor 50', I still managed to get burnt... and I spent most of the time sitting in the bloody shade, lol

Great day, great people, great Vans, great weather, great venue and... and I thoroughly loved it. Lots of new and old faces, and hope to catch up with you all again at future meets :)

Plenty of passers-by showing an interest in ALL the vans too, just stopping to admire all the various colours and setups. Lots of them praising the Elgrands, as they had not seen or heard of them before, so all in all a brilliant day raising awareness of this stunning vehicle.

Right, now where's that bloody Aftersun!
Forgot a hat so the head feels burnt as there is a lack of thatch up there...

Some lovely photos & looks & sounds like everybody enjoyed it. :)

I take it from the pics though that @Karlos was the only one who bothered to clean the engine bay 😉

I take it from the pics though that @Karlos was the only one who bothered to clean the engine bay 😉

I think if it hadn't of rained so much leading up to the event, more people would have had time to do their engine bay... I didn't even clean the wheels (or roof) on mine 😂, and we weren't the only club to have dirty cars there, thankfully, although mine was probably the dirtiest in our group :)

I think if it hadn't of rained so much leading up to the event, more people would have had time to do their engine bay... I didn't even clean the wheels (or roof) on mine 😂, and we weren't the only club to have dirty cars there, thankfully, although mine was probably the dirtiest in our group :)

Black is the hardest to keep clean though mate so I bet they let you off :)

Black is the hardest to keep clean though mate so I bet they let you off :)

I got most of it cleaned on Saturday before it started raining again, so gave up and eventually cleaned the last panel at Beaulieu but there were so many people to talk too at the initial meeting point and then again at the event, I thought it would be rude to ignore them and just clean the van :D :D :D

Last edited:

good job you didn't look to closely as it was minging and the grandson took back his hulk figure that normally holds up the bonnet

look like a great time was had by all :cool: and all the elgrands look good :cool: i wont be at haynes on the 4th:sob: my son wants me to go to dubs on the beach at southsea :rolleyes::rolleyes: me and his mrs are going to sell glitter and polishing cloths :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::poop:✨

look like a great time was had by all :cool: and all the elgrands look good :cool: i wont be at haynes on the 4th:sob: my son wants me to go to dubs on the beach at southsea :rolleyes::rolleyes: me and his mrs are going to sell glitter and polishing cloths :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::poop:✨

Maybe we should gatecrash the VW event (joke), bet that would make your son's day

I take it from the pics though that @Karlos was the only one who bothered to clean the engine bay
I was going to but I couldn't remember how to open the bonnet!

Terrible!!! Should of headed over to me for another snow foam and polar seal session 😁

You gotta do that...great fun...embarrassing the kids is part of being a parent!

Yeah and if we want to kick the embarrassment factor up notch, we could get out in the middle of it all and start doing some choreographed dad dancing to some showaddywaddy 🤪

Back