• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

London Assemblage At The Ace Café - Sunday 17th May 6pm

30 minutes away from me

ill pm my reg and let you know closer...just in case anything changes

This has now been confirmed booked for Sunday 17th May from 6pm onwards. Entry will be by registration number as per the regs above, so if you want to attend PM me with your number. We'll do a reminder nearer the time.

Ooh hopefully I'll have mine by then, waiting till the new financial year. I'm in East London so that's just a jaunt round the North Circular

One of my friends has just advised me about this event in Brighton 4th April, seems its an open event

InCarNation Brighton - ACE CAFE LONDON PRESENT: THE 10th ANNUAL INCARNATION in BRIGHTON

Calling all Petrolheads! On Saturday 4th April 2020, from 10am – 6pm, Brighton’s famous seafront road,Madeira Drive will again host the UK’s finest on four wheels as Ace Cafe London present the 10th annual InCarNation Brighton.

InCarNation Brighton 2020 is a free to attend drive-in and display of vehicles.

Conceived in 2011 following the popularity of the cafe’s regular monthly InCarNation Night,( held on the last Wednesday of every month) , the day will feature racers, tuners, car clubs and motor fans from across the country enjoying their “wheels” and vying for space.

Focusing on the individuals who drive and their passions, this great day out is open to all motor fans and enthusiasts, from classic cars, hot rods, street-tuned racers, through to hot exotic supercars.

Prizes and awards will be up for grabs on the day. These will include “Best Club Car”, “Best Club Display” and spot prizes for “Best Motors”.

With stands, displays and entertainment on the Ace stage, if the roar of an Italian V10 engine is music to your ears, or a tyre shredding drifter gets your adrenalin pumping, make sure you don’t miss this unique, free to attend, seaside event.

Drive In, Park Up, Chill Out & Party!
Sounds interesting, been to numerous bike events there but not a car event.

@Stempyuno Should I start another Ace Cafe Brighton thread altogether, if so, I'll repost all the below on that thread

Okay, so here goes... NO minimum but a max of 20 cars but they want a copy of the clubs 'Public Liability Insurance' paperwork???

So, is this normal boiler plate request stuff for club stands and do the EOC have 'Public Liability Insurance' for stands?, if so, who can help out with this? @Reverend RobP @Karl @E51ZRider ?

Their reply below

Hi Robin,

There is no minimum, only a maximum of 20 cars.

Please find attached the required forms which contain more information. Pease read through them and if you wish to join us, fill them out and send them along with a copy of your club's Public Liability Insurance- no postal entries will be accepted.

Also, please note that no space will be confirmed until a car registration list is submitted. This can be submitted at a later stage, but failure to do so by Monday 16th of March 2020 will lead to the cancellation of the club's stand.

Finally, I would suggest to return all the paperwork sooner than later if you indeed would like to join us, because we have only few spaces left.

Best regards,
Vasilis Poulios

View attachment 29007

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Important: This document must be signed and returned to the organisers and forms part of the agreement

Any exhibitor having to cancel stand space must notify the organisers in writing as soon as possible, and no later than the 16th of March 2020.

Sub-letting of stand space is prohibited. Any Exhibitor wishing to ‘share’ must obtain permission from the organisers in advance, and name all parties involved.

No form of club advertising material may be displayed or distributed anywhere at the event other

than on the exhibitor stand.

All exhibitors will have access between 6.00am - 8.00am. Late arrival will result in non admittance. Upon arrival at the venue, exhibitors will be directed to their allocated space, exhibitors stands must be completed by 8.45am.

All vehicles not part of the display must be moved to exhibitor’s parking area as assigned.

Stands must be kept tidy and all rubbish deposited in the bins provided.

Only stated merchandise in accordance with the nature of the business stated (see below) may be displayed/sold. The organiser’s decision as to what is relevant in this respect is final.

All equipment, display/sale items, vehicles, tents etc., must be kept within the exhibitor’s allocated space.

No selling is allowed from Club stands, other than Club regalia, membership, Club events etc. Failure to comply will result in the Club being asked to vacate the site.

No food or drink to be sold from exhibitor stands.

No P.A. or loud music is allowed on any stand.

Silent generators are allowed on site but only by prior arrangement with the event organiser. All generators must be earthed and will be inspected by the site electrician prior to any use.

Exhibitors are required to provide one or more fire extinguishers of an appropriate type on their stand. Extinguishers must have been tested within the last 12 months and be clearly visible, easily available and in working order.

No open fire or barbecue equipment is allowed on exhibitor stands.

Stands may have for their own use, cylinders of gas, but must ensure satisfactory operation and storage as per documents 102763 06/09 and 1027630 06/09 ‘Using Calor Gas Safely’, published by the SHE Department (SAFETY, HEALTH and ENVIROMENT).

All gas supplies and inflammable materials must be kept secured to avoid theft or mis-use.

Security: There will be Marshals on site throughout the event, but security of stand/equipment/merchandise remains the responsibility of proprietor.

All exhibitors are responsible for any damage or injury to persons or property caused by their stand/ display, or any act or omission by them, their staff or contractors.

Dogs or other pets are not allowed.

Prior written permission from the organisers must be obtained before raffle tickets are sold.

The organisers reserve the right to refuse access/admission to the event at their absolute discretion.

The organisers reserve the right to eject anyone from the event who acts in a manner detrimental to the safety or enjoyment of others or fails to comply with Health and Safety Requirements.

In the event of an emergency requiring evacuation of the site/event, please read and note the Evacuation Plan which will be provided.

Stand holders are vicariously responsible for all staff and or persons they have working with them during the event.

Exhibitor stands, displays, equipment, structures and vehicles must comply with regulations relating to Health, Safety and Fire. All such will be inspected for compliance.

All clubs need to provide a car registration list prior to confirming their stands. Failure to submit this by 16th of March, will result to club’s replacement.

Copy of Exhibitor Public Liability insurance must be forwarded when returning signed Terms and Conditions.
I'm not aware that we have any public liability insurance as a club. Nor have I ever heard of shows asking for it before.
I guess it relates to having equipment, marquees etc on the club stand ìncase any of the public injure themselves on it.
Might be something the club can look into if it's necessary to have it.
Edit:
I guess as there are lot of high end cars that attend this meet, it's probably the show covering their backs incase of any damage to any other cars. Could you imagine a gazebo or something getting taken off in the wind and landing on someone's show car! Who'd be responsible etc.

Last edited:
Thanks Rob, as we don't have any public liability insurance, it is safe to say, we'll 'pass' on this event as a club for now and circle back around to it at another stage?
Ok mate. We can certainly look into it for future events, the way the world's going I wouldn't bet against more shows wanting it.
Was there any mention of it, if you were to go as individuals but all turn up together?

Just to clarify, the London meet at The Ace is still going ahead in May.

It was only brought up as soon as I mentioned 'A club booking', Individuals should be fine to turn up, but it doesn't sound like you would be part of the event, just there as a visitor to see the other club stands from all the info they sent me, although I could be getting confused with the information overload on a Friday afternoon...
Ah ok i get ya.
I'll see if I can do some digging over the weekend and see what's available regarding liability insurance. Its worth looking into even if we dont end up doing the brighton show. 👍🏼

Right, if you guys are happy with the decision to avoid the Brighton event as a club, I'll delete the posts above about the Brighton event, so as not to confuse visitors to this thread

@Stempyuno, @Reverend RobP ?
Yep thats fine with me. Can always start a new thread if things change

Good idea, if anyone wants to organise a visitors run they can start a new thread

OKay, I've deleted my other posts, did you Guys want to remove the other links/posts about Brighton above to?

I've started a new thread for the Brighton event here for anyone wanting to organise a run out as visitors.

Back