• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Any threads here comparing e51 versus e52?

JKD

Premium Member
South East
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
Any threads here comparing e51 versus e52?

thanks ladies + gentleman

I definitely still want an e51 also for that van life
Hey Johnny, have you seen the size of a VW caddy and do you think your E52 is smaller?

I know that the 51 or 50 is a better platform but I’ve seen some amazing 52 conversions and know where the stuff to convert can be done or bought.

Use the force young Jedi, do not cross to the dark side! 😂😂😂

Right, off to the post office to post a humongous rifle scope (6-24X56) I’ve just sold to a chap in Surrey. TTFN.

ABE137E5-EE98-4202-8A8E-107C9B369E85.jpeg

BTW, it’s never a good question to ask. It’ll end in violent swinging of handbags. 👜

Happy Friday y’all. 😂😂😂

Last edited:
I don't mean for a conversion I have a motorhome already it's just the e51 would easier for taking my bikes and a wheelchair with the fold up chairs where my e52 can't do either

I don't mean for a conversion I have a motorhome already it's just the e51 would easier for taking my bikes and a wheelchair with the fold up chairs where my e52 can't do either
The E51 is more square on the inside so in effect more space

E51 is a chameleon. It is a luxury people mover, massive load carrier, overnighter etc etc...E52 is a luxury people mover. They really shouldn't have the same model description imho

I have a 52 and can tell there’s more usable space in the 50 and 51, it’s really obvious and so easy to convert in comparison. However, although a little more tricky, the 52 can be converted too.

I’ve seen some great examples so don’t rule it out completely. (This aimed at other readers of the thread, not you @Johnny88)

😂😂😂

Last edited:
I have a 52 and can tell there’s more usable space in the 50 and 51, it’s really obvious and so easy to convert in comparison. However, although a little more tricky, the 52 can be converted too.

I’ve seen some great examples so don’t rule it out completely. (This aimed at other readers of the thread, not you @Johnny88)

😂😂😂
Haha yeah I've seen an e52 converted looked good with a pop top too

Back