• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Any Ideas ??

G-train

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Elgrand
E51
Region
Rest Of World
I'm spending a lot of time on used car sites at the moment looking to upgrade my series 2 to a series 3. Have come across various derivatives, ie: HWS Urban Selection, Limited Edition and Enchante. Any ideas on what extra goodies these models may have, apart from the badge on the tailgate ???

Mark (Madfish)

Administrator & Club Rep NE
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
The enchante model is the one with the integrated chair lift and wheel chair accessible from the passenger sliding door... Pretty cool disability vehicle.

Not sure on the other two, probably just subtle variations in trim colour and specs

Wolop

E51 Owner
East Anglia
Reaction score
First Name
jeffrey
Elgrand
E51
Region
East Anglia
Out if interest what makes you want a series 3? What spec/model is your series 2

Only differences I know of between v2 and v3 is the front grill/ stereo /dials.

Apparently HWS always have a dark interior . Some of the special edition models have electric fold out steps by the sliding doors and air purification units.

G-train

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Elgrand
E51
Region
Rest Of World
Am looking at a highway star model, same as I have now. Mine has duel electric doors, duel sunroofs, navi and half leather seats. I really like the late model series 3 (2010) as they're usually full leather with middle row recliners and usually have all of the above options. The sound system/ ice unit has more functionality than series 2, in that you don't need to do the English conversion and has an mp3 input so you can stream music and gps off your phone. I believe it also plays all region dvd's.
It's time for me to update. My series 2 is on 220,000km and although there's nothing wrong with it, it's at the age and condition where I will still get a reasonable return for it.