• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Any holiday plans this year?

JohnK

Premium Member
E51 Owner
London
Reaction score
First Name
John
Elgrand
E51
Region
London
In Cornwall this week. Nothing planned yet for March. Northumberland in April. Cornwall again in May. New Forest in June. July/August Cornwall again. And a few weekend breaks in between. Havent planned rest of year yet :)

Kermit

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Kermit
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
NC500 in August, alternating for the first week between the Van and dog friendly B&Bs. then booked a week in a cottage in Ullapool to do a few mountains.
I don't suppose you've done The Cobbler have you? Only a little one but just wondered.

Andyzz

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Elgrand
E51
Booked my holiday on 10 December to go to the Philippines in March through Air China for £350 one stopover in China for 3 hours return, well pleased.
Then the virus come so I thought well I have lost my money because there is no refund on cheap flights.
So on the 30 January I made the decision to find another flight, all day I was on the web trying to find an alternative not flying through China Hong Kong Singapore and couldn't find anything I was pulling my hair out really annoying.
So at the end of the day I thought sod it I'll take a direct flight London Heathrow to Manila £602 return.
I just didn't fancy the 14 hour flight without a stop but I'll have to live with that.
Then I went on to the Air China website and they were giving full refunds because they had cancelled all flights so I have applied for it but still waiting at least get my money back and I can still go on holiday for a month hurray.

Kermit

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Kermit
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Booked my holiday on 10 December to go to the Philippines in March through Air China for £350 one stopover in China for 3 hours return, well pleased.
Then the virus come so I thought well I have lost my money because there is no refund on cheap flights.
So on the 30 January I made the decision to find another flight, all day I was on the web trying to find an alternative not flying through China Hong Kong Singapore and couldn't find anything I was pulling my hair out really annoying.
So at the end of the day I thought sod it I'll take a direct flight London Heathrow to Manila £602 return.
I just didn't fancy the 14 hour flight without a stop but I'll have to live with that.
Then I went on to the Air China website and they were giving full refunds because they had cancelled all flights so I have applied for it but still waiting at least get my money back and I can still go on holiday for a month hurray.
Brill, fingers crossed you get the refund.
Jeez I hate a stop, give me a direct flight any day.

Teach

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Devon/Cornwall
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Elgrand
E51
Region
Devon/Conrwall
I don't suppose you've done The Cobbler have you? Only a little one but just wondered.
Yes a really nice little mountain but the the parking can be shocking. Also a bit annoyed that they have restricted wild camping in the Trossachs.

Teach

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Devon/Cornwall
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Elgrand
E51
Region
Devon/Conrwall
In Cornwall this week. Nothing planned yet for March. Northumberland in April. Cornwall again in May. New Forest in June. July/August Cornwall again. And a few weekend breaks in between. Havent planned rest of year yet :)
Where are you in cornwall?

Teach

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Devon/Cornwall
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Elgrand
E51
Region
Devon/Conrwall
Staying in Lostwithiel. Went to the Great Cornish Food Store for their all day breakfast today so not far from you?
Batten down the hatches its going to be a windy weekend.

Kermit

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Kermit
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Yes a really nice little mountain but the the parking can be shocking. Also a bit annoyed that they have restricted wild camping in the Trossachs.
Yeah you have to pay too, which is unusual for that part of the world.

Teach

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Devon/Cornwall
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Elgrand
E51
Region
Devon/Conrwall
Yeah you have to pay too, which is unusual for that part of the world.
Its because its so close to Glasgow and gets mobbed in the Summer with people leaving tents, litter etc all over the place. We go further north or west now. Much quieter, however Glen Coe is now a real tourist trap! A few years ago we we walking on a Friday a mountain at the end of Glen Etive. The road was empty when we arrived in the morning but on our way out in the evening every pull in on the way though had someone wild camping. Looked like Butlins!

Kermit

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Kermit
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Its because its so close to Glasgow and gets mobbed in the Summer with people leaving tents, litter etc all over the place. We go further north or west now. Much quieter, however Glen Coe is now a real tourist trap! A few years ago we we walking on a Friday a mountain at the end of Glen Etive. The road was empty when we arrived in the morning but on our way out in the evening every pull in on the way though had someone wild camping. Looked like Butlins!
We just pootle around Faslane kind of area, hilly but not mountainous lol.

Kermit

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Kermit
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
We did Arran and Kintyre 2 years ago, really liked it but didn't find any of the beavers!
We still haven't got to see the beavers either. Awkward with a dog. :confused:
It is still on the 'to do' list

Andys

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Scotland
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Elgrand
E51
Region
Scotland

Andys

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Scotland
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Elgrand
E51
Region
Scotland
France at the end of the month. France again in May (with a trip to Tenerife whilst in France) .Ireland in July. France again in September. All in the Elgrand apart from Tenerife although we will take the Elgrand to Tenerife as part of our retirement road trip in a few years time.

shaggy6boys

E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
going to cornwall, Lizard point area, in may, normally go monday to fridays but i've wanted to go here for a while so its a sat to sat break.

Been to Hull a couple of times, sea life aquarium was good, tickets are valid for a years free re-entry.

8 of us going so 2 cars taken and we go to the caravan parks, Missus and youngest one have their birthdays straight after each other so the may half term holiday for wales becomes their birthday treat.

found before that welsh and english may half term holidays were a week apart so caravan parks outside of wales were cheaper.

Ste

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Cornwall for a week in April and Northumberland for my first ever two week break in August. Roll on!