• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South East Alton, Hampshire 23rd June, a local meet for local people

yep good meet 11 in the end think new to old members was about 50/50 one with just a week ownership adrian came with a very smart just of the boat white Ryder whoever buys that will get a nice motor and thanks for the coffee robin :cool:

It was a nice Rider, double doors, double sunroofs dark interior, lovely.

Yup, and a couple of new members who had only had there vans for a couple of weeks, so good to meet them too :)

Thinking caps on for another venue... Brighton way possibly if anyone knows a good venue over that way?

Yes, a more easterly venue for the next one perhaps. My suggestion would be The Hummingbird Restaurant at Brighton City Airport.

Lots of parking, but it's pay and display.

Yes, a more easterly venue for the next one perhaps. My suggestion would be The Hummingbird Restaurant at Brighton City Airport.

Lots of parking, but it's pay and display.

Looks good, open early for the early risers like me to get there early and clean their van this time, lol

Hmmm, might need to do more digging on the parking availability, costs, max stay etc but looks great

It was great meeting everyone today!

There were so many different stories behind ownership and usage it was great to chat about all sorts and pick some of your brains. The departure lounge does a really mean cheese on toast, I will happily go back there again :)

I have found a lot more holiday ideas to plot with my "Elgrand"

Cheers @Claptrap for spotting the gaps (optional air intakes) on the roof rails:cool:

Simeon

I've emailed Simon at the cafe to thank him for accommodating us so well at such a busy time.

Looks good, open early for the early risers like me to get there early and clean their van this time, lol

Hmmm, might need to do more digging on the parking availability, costs, max stay etc but looks great
If folk don't want to pay for parking I believe the car park at Brighton Marina is free and there are plenty of places to grab some tucker.

It was great meeting everyone today!

There were so many different stories behind ownership and usage it was great to chat about all sorts and pick some of your brains. The departure lounge does a really mean cheese on toast, I will happily go back there again :)

I have found a lot more holiday ideas to plot with my "Elgrand"

Cheers @Claptrap for spotting the gaps (optional air intakes) on the roof rails:cool:

Simeon

Great to meet you too, @stevemen might have a replacement set for a Rider if you call him during office hours and give him the year of your van :)

I've emailed Simon at the cafe to thank him for accommodating us so well at such a busy time.

He went past and asked if everything was okay and I said it was superb and thanked him again for accommodating us. :)

Last edited:
Great to meet everyone today. Thanks to all for such a warm welcome! Picked up good tips & cafe was great. Brighton Marina sounds good! Maybe we could bring the three hounds? See you all soon. Tony & Lou 😁

Great to meet everyone today. Thanks to all for such a warm welcome! Picked up good tips & cafe was great. Brighton Marina sounds good! Maybe we could bring the three hounds? See you all soon. Tony & Lou 😁

Great to meet you guys today and if you need any web links on the things we spoke of, just drop me a PM :)

It was a nice Rider, double doors, double sunroofs dark interior, lovely.

Yup, and a couple of new members who had only had there vans for a couple of weeks, so good to meet them too :)

Thinking caps on for another venue... Brighton way possibly if anyone knows a good venue over that way?
3C0804C2-3360-4191-878C-57086526AFD4.jpeg

Thanks for the nice comments about the Rider S, it will be an awesome car for someone!

Great to meet up with everyone... old acquaintances and new... great to see new Elgrand owners... even if they didn’t buy from me... lol

Was great to meet up even though I thought I wouldn’t be able to make it.. after three years of ownership I still get excited to see other elgrands and their owners new n old... always gain knowledge and hopefully show others what I have learnt over the last three years.. this club is built on its members and the only ever owners club I’ve joined.. like most I joined because I had questions that needed answers, still have questions but have more answers now... that was three years ago.. great to help fellow members get the most enjoyment out of their buses as they have helped me..choice in football teams is questionable though..new n old members and some fodder and the chance to drive daisey in the sunshine , pretty darn good Sunday morning..

Back