• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

ALL MEETS AND EVENTS CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Due to government guidelines on social distancing, all social gatherings, meets and events are now officially cancelled until we are advised otherwise.

I appreciate this is not nice news to hear, but we have a responsibility to the community to ensure everyone remains safe.

The meets and events section will remain active so that we can plan further afield. Obviously the hope is that anything from July onwards will go on as planned, but certainly all events up to June will not be attended.

This extends to ALL MEETS including "mini meets". No member is to use the forum or the Facebook group to organise any form of social gathering, be it sensible or not. We as an admin team have to be seen to be playing our part to enforce the guidelines we're given.

It appears it won't be long until we are TOLD to stay indoors rather than advised.

We're in for a rough time.

Please continue to use the forum to converse with one another, share pictures of your Elgrand, and do all the things you normally do.

I'm not happy about the situation myself, but in these uncertain times, we have to do what we can to protect the vulnerable.

No one likes it but it is what it is in an ideal World with one Doctor/Nurse per patient you would want the infection to spread as fast as possible and to get it over with. Alas we are not in that ideal World and the NHS and the medical staff are under constant pressure before this hits. We need the spread of this virus to be slowed down over a period of time so those fantastic Doctors and Nurses can try and keep on top of this and save as many people as they can. If we don't they will be overwhelmed and more lives lost once this is over be it 3 - 6 - 9 - or 12 month then we can all get back to normal

Don't think my E51 I am picking up next week is going to get much use for a while I am also one of the most vulnerable so it will feel like a jail sentence. But think how much we will enjoy it when the crisis is over.

I'm staying at home for the most part as far as possible. I have cancelled all events that I've arranged in the events section. If I do go out while we still can I will remain safely within the confines of the Elgrand with a tartan blanket and a flask of coffee.

wraped.jpg

Anyone who is desperate to meet, but can't, you could do a group chat or Facetime whilst sitting in your Ellies on your own driveway, I'm sure your wives will do you each a bacon sandwich (not Andrew, Turkey Rashers for you)

Informed earlier that the site we have our static caravan on up in snowdonia is closing from tomorrow till further notice, we had planned to go up next week to open up. So let’s hope we are still able to get out for days in Ely.

I agree 100% with Karl, there is nobody that enjoys car shows and meets than me but together we MUST defeat this invisible killer. With that in mind I am uncomfortable about organising the Jap Show stand at Santa Pod even if it was given the all clear I don't think too many people would have confidence or the free cash to attend the show, so I am going to return your payments over the next few days. Hopefully the Jap Show Finals will be ok later in the year.
Sad Sad times, Hope we all come out of this ok

Back