• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Midlands 2nd West Midlands Monthly meet.

Ian H

Midlands
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Well it looks like we need a better venue, (see below) so I am open to suggestions!

Last edited:
Count me out of this one, going to Wheels on Wednesday meet on the Sunday plus I'm never going to that shithole again after costing me £85 last time 🤬

Count me out of this one, going to Wheels on Wednesday meet on the Sunday plus I'm never going to that shithole again after costing me £85 last time 🤬

Eh? This was your last comment on the previous meet:

"Nice to have met you Ian and thanks for organising it, hopefully next meet we can get a few more there " 👍

https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/1st-west-midlands-monthly-meet-12th-feb.30920/post-432495

What happened? Everything seemed to be just fine?

As it happens I have a prior arrangement that I had forgotten about so I won't be able to make it either, but for those who fancy it I found it a perfectly acceptable location. I would suggest anyone going should make it known below, just to make sure that there is more than one person going.

It was nice to meet you and we did appreciate you organising it but "next meet" didn't mean we wanted to go back there and any pub that uses Euro Carparks should be banned from trading.

Fair enough it was our fault for not noticing it was pay and display but in our defence we were looking for Elgrands as we pulled in and I have honestly never been to a pub that uses pay and display before unless it was in a shopping centre etc.

Right. I was not aware of that either, luckily I did not get a ticket. I suggest that this weekends meet is cancelled, and I will try and find a better venue. The Shifnal Services used for the Staffordshire/Shropshire mini meet might be a good option as that seemed to work well, and it has cheap LPG, but I am open to suggestions!

Right. I was not aware of that either, luckily I did not get a ticket. I suggest that this weekends meet is cancelled, and I will try and find a better venue. The Shifnal Services used for the Staffordshire/Shropshire mini meet might be a good option as that seemed to work well, and it has cheap LPG, but I am open to suggestions!
Hi Ian, I have spoken to The British Ironworks in Oswestry and we are welcome to use their place as a meeting ground if wanted, just have to notify them of the date and they will put us in their diary...does have cafe etc on site..just another option..

Hi Ian, I have spoken to The British Ironworks in Oswestry and we are welcome to use their place as a meeting ground if wanted, just have to notify them of the date and they will put us in their diary...does have cafe etc on site..just another option..
Not an owner yet - but Ironworks has a GREAT cafe (excellent breakfast and cake) and is a lovely place to stroll around too.

Did I mention the cake??

🍰🎂🧁

Lol, yeah we go quite often and the food is always good.

Just jumping into this one, I know its from Sept 22 but I was just wondering if there are any meets planned in the midlands for 2023?

I don't think there are at the moment, but if I can be convinced there is enough interest I might try again.

Back