• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

2021 SHOWS EVENTS AND MEETS

Do you guys do the Japfest(s) - Silverstone in May, then Donnington in June/July?

It would all depend on what's on/allowed and if there is enough interest.

KEEPING AN EYE ON WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE COVID SITUATION IN 2021 AND I CAN NOT SEE ANY MAJOR CAR SHOWS AS WE KNOW THEM HAPPENING THIS YEAR. I DONT WANT TO GIVE YOU ALL FALSE HOPE BUT THE MORE WE START TO FIND OUT ABOUT THIS INFECTION THE HARDER IT SEEMS IT WILL BE TO CARRY ON NORMAL LIFE. I MYSELF SEEMED TO HAVE AGED MORE WITHOUT LIVING THE SHOW CAR LIFESTYLE AND AM GETTING MORE AND MORE DISMAYED AT NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAN FOR SHOWS. WE CAN HOPE BUT DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH AS I DID HEAR THROUGH THE GRAPE VINE THAT THE LOCKDOWN WONT BE LIFTED TILL MID YEAR.

Been announced today that councils can keep hospitality and non necessary shops shut up to 17th of July not looking good. Won't do much for camping either. Got to say I feel less safe than I did last Spring but mostly due to shopping safely when idiots can just say you are exempt without proof. But got to add I am keeping up well online shopping, garage full of beer and nice walks nearby.

Last edited:
I feel the same Brian, being able to drive further than a couple of miles once a week to go shopping would be a good start let alone going to a show. We can perhaps hope for some smaller shows later in the year but I can't see earlier or larger ones putting in the organisation effort with the likely prospect of cancellation.

If rules are relaxed even a local meet would cheer us all up don't need a good show just good friends on here to meet. One of reasons I bought my HS this time last year was to meet some of you good people.

If rules are relaxed even a local meet would cheer us all up don't need a good show just good friends on here to meet. One of reasons I bought my HS this time last year was to meet some of you good people.
100% agree, even just a local meet would be really good for a change!

Japfest Silverstone confirmed for September. On my doorstep so I'll be going.
Might take the old shitbox round the track for £35

You can add JDM Combe on 5th June. Club stand booked. Details here....

You can add JDM Combe on 5th June. Club stand booked. Details here....

Are we not on lockdown until the 21st June? I have lost count now.

Are we not on lockdown until the 21st June? I have lost count now.
Tickets are being sold so lets hope we can go. There will still be restrictions but hopefully most will have been jabbed by then.

Tickets are being sold so lets hope we can go. There will still be restrictions but hopefully most will have been jabbed by then.
Hope so paid for tickets the other day🤞

Hello Donna, I hope you are keeping well. With the governments roadmap back to normality the Elgrand Owners Club UK were wondering if the Jap Show Finals are likely to have a Saturday RWYB meet and if we are allowed back as a club stand complete with our BBQ and club resident chef and camping / sleeping in our vehicles in the pits area. We realise that any future plans are dependent upon Covid laws and regulations but like yourselves we as a club need to make plans to attend future events

Regards Brian Willoughby Midland club rep EOCUK.

I have just sent the above email to Santa Pod to try and get some plans about the Jap Show Finals Sunday 3rd October.

Back