• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

2021 Cumbria auto show date 4th July

Up for any, just want to meet and learn the secrets of ownership while casting eye over things I'd like.
Is it normally lads and vans, is it lads, ladies and vans, ladies and vans. Probably not a PC question but you know what I mean. Never read the Elgrand meet etiquette ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‡
We generally get a really good mix of people at these shows. Some blokes on their own, some with wives/girlfriends, some as full families, ladies on their own, ladies with their husbands/boyfriends. We're a friendly bunch and try to make all new attendees feel welcome ๐Ÿ‘

Please excuse my naivety but what is a "show"?? Just a gathering of Elgrands ?? Or is it more like the Appleby horse fair that owners then piggy back??

Please excuse my naivety but what is a "show"?? Just a gathering of Elgrands ?? Or is it more like the Appleby horse fair that owners then piggy back??
It's kind of like a one day festival of car lovers. You get loads of car groups travelling in convoy and merge on one destination to show of your cars.
From our point we all meet up in one destination then travel to the show in convoy.... Spend an eternity in a queue.... Spend another eternity arranging our car and giving them a clean... This is then followed by loads of laughs making new friends and meeting old ones, admiring each others cars looking at the other cars on show.
Normally a big area to explore with stalls and food etc.
It's a good laugh especially if the weather is good. ๐Ÿ™Œ

This one is a mixed mark car show so you get anything there really. Usually lots of fords and subarus... But they are a great day out to meet up have a chat and a laugh, and have a look at the other ellies. (Think we had about 20 in 2019) + have a look around at anything that takes your fancy on the day. They have a show and shine section, competitions, trade stands and raffles etc. There's usually something for kids to do as well, like bouncy castles and trampolines.
Heres a short video from 2019 can be found on the auto-show.co.uk website

It's kind of like a one day festival of car lovers. You get loads of car groups travelling in convoy and merge on one destination to show of your cars.
From our point we all meet up in one destination then travel to the show in convoy.... Spend an eternity in a queue.... Spend another eternity arranging our car and giving them a clean... This is then followed by loads of laughs making new friends and meeting old ones, admiring each others cars looking at the other cars on show.
Normally a big area to explore with stalls and food etc.
It's a good laugh especially if the weather is good. ๐Ÿ™Œ
Ahh ok.. I went to camping at Carfest 3y running so like that kind of event.. I'll keep my eyes peeled.., thanks

We generally get a really good mix of people at these shows. Some blokes on their own, some with wives/girlfriends, some as full families, ladies on their own, ladies with their husbands/boyfriends. We're a friendly bunch and try to make all new attendees feel welcome ๐Ÿ‘
Count me (and Mrs even though it'll be a surprise to her) in, after all this is one reason why we bought an Elgrand and converted it for camping.
Look forward to it, camping, the show, meeting you lot, whats not to like.๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿงณโ˜€๏ธโ˜”๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿš๐Ÿš๐Ÿš

We will be there as usual. May camp but don't know yet. Maybe a travel lodge.

Last edited:
Back