• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

2017: Updates/Calendar/Plan/Other

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Right then... Happy New Year everyone. I hope you all had a great time over the festive season and you're now fat and hungover. Mine was pretty shit overall, but hey ho, let's crack on with 2017.

As some of you know, I've not been around anywhere near as much as I should be. Things have continued to get in my way and stopped me from doing what I need to do. But, New Year, new start.

I am going to start making more of a conscious effort to be involved with the Club and driving us forward to new heights. Obviously that can't be done without you guys, so I hope you're all on board. I apologise for not being around or doing as much for the club as I should have been doing, I know it's been a problem, but it's something I am putting countermeasures in place to deal with.

@Madfish (Mark Pitt) is now the Club #2. He is my right hand man. If you have any problems with your account, the forum, or just have any general questions for us, you can contact either of us. This helps alleviate some of the pressure on me, and means that you guys should start getting answers faster.

The 2017 calendar is still going ahead, I've just not organised it yet. I will be looking at getting it set up and printed this month for delivery to you guys before February. I am going to try and make the Calendar a 14 month one (thanks for the advice @Tigers26 ) to take us into Feb 2018. This means that when we do the calendar again for next year, the pressure is off around Christmas time.

I am going to be changing up the admin/moderator team for 2017. I am going to be actively looking for moderators and "Area Champions" to help with meets and events across the country. I also need moderators that are frequenting the forum and can help to answer queries, keep posts in the relevant places and help to keep things as tidy as possible.

2017 is going to be an important year for the club. I really want people to start coming together and forming a physical community, not just a virtual one.

The Christmas meet did not happen, but I am looking to do another "nationwide" meet at some point this year that will span a weekend rather than just a day. This will help people travelling a long way as it won't be so many miles to cover in one day.

Once again, I apologise for dropping the ball over the last 12 months, but I am aiming to get back on track and get caught up with everything.

Happy New Year Karl. Unfortunately I'm still fat but without the hangover - pity it's not the other way round.

I usually login a few times a day, so if you're short of help on the forum let me know & I can help out if you like. The wife & I have a small business website. It's not a forum based site but I do have a little knowledge at least.

The forum members have helped me a hell of a lot over the past few months so I'm sure I can spend a bit of time to help the forum out.

All the best with the new vehicle too :)

Happy new Year Karl, great to get a catchup and the thought of a nationwide meet exiting! Rest assured we all mean to do stuff and never quite manage it (new years resolution failed with chips today) Dipping into the chats and support on OC great as is just ticks on regardless! Even through the crap fat days ha :nod:

Madfish,Madfish,give us a wave,Madfish give us a wave.....:clap::clap:

Coey :) :)

I'll be also keeping on top of forum things as best I can, once this damn logon and performance issue has been sorted :)

Roll on 2017 and here's to a bigger better Elgrand club :)

Thanks to all our brilliant members that make this place a truly top quality community! :)

Mark

Log in problem SHOULD now be fixed (turned off the log in cache feature)... if we still have problems, it's hammer time!

Lovin the new fresher look to the Forum,Karl....:clap::clap:

Ditto and heres to a ggggrrrrreat 2017!!

New year, new look & new members. Fantastic.
Karl l myself had been a administrator of a motorcycle riders group of about 200 victorian members at the time & handed it over to other members the responsibility, they now have well over 1000 members nationally.
Like yourself found it difficult to keep the mojo going & working on my own life.
But as l've noticed there are members always willing to help, that's what it's all about making a great forum.
I'm sure those long standing members & all us newbies appreciate what you have done.
Thanks Karl

Back