• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

2.5l or 3.5l

Molts1

North East
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
North East
Hi guys any advice on going 2.5 or 3.5l I’m currently looking at the highway stars thanks

dognero

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Elgrand
E51
Region
North East
Their is not much in mpg difference.
3.5 is easier to work on. (from what I have read)
More go in the 3.5
Have a drive of both

peter strokosz

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
peter
3.5 all day long... I think the 2.5 would lack power as an Elgrand weighs in at two tons.. don’t think there’s much difference In mpg a so the 2.5 will have to work harder..3.5 parts are easily available not sure about the 2.5

Mags

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Mags
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Before I bought mine the sales guy told me that on a run the 3.5 gets more mpg. Not sure how true that is

richywalker64

Premium Member
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
North East
I have the 2.5 and I'm very happy with it, spec and colour were more important to me than engine size.
It is slightly better on petrol and runs on regular unleaded which is cheaper than premium petrol but I run on LPG anyway.
I didn't plan to get an LPG conversion until I realised just how bad they are on fuel, but if I'd planned it I'd have probably gone for the 3.5.
Owning an Elgrand wouldn't be an option for me without LPG as I use it as a daily driver and for long distances.

Mags

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Mags
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
I have the 2.5 and I'm very happy with it, spec and colour were more important to me than engine size.
It is slightly better on petrol and runs on regular unleaded which is cheaper than premium petrol but I run on LPG anyway.
I didn't plan to get an LPG conversion until I realised just how bad they are on fuel, but if I'd planned it I'd have probably gone for the 3.5.
Owning an Elgrand wouldn't be an option for me without LPG as I use it as a daily driver and for long distances.
I would like to convert mine to LPG eventually as I shall be using as my daily car I think fuel costs are going to be a shock after my budget Lexus

David1972

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
North East
Reaction score
First Name
David
Elgrand
E51
Region
North East
3.5 are more common, 2.5 owners seem to be happy with theirs - its all about personal preference really.

Me - I went for the 3.5 as part of me would have always pined for it otherwise.

skystalker1

E51 Owner
South West
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Elgrand
E51
Region
South West
I went for a 3.5 as it was the first one I saw ,would have bought it if it was a 2.5 infact if I'm really honest I just wanted a van :D

Thevan

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Elgrand
E51
Region
North East
I currently own a 2.5 and average 20mpg. A mate has a 3.5 and averages 16mpg.

Bazildog

Premium Member
E51 Owner
North West
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
If you like smiling lots as you surprise a Range Rover Overfinch driver on the M53 with your vehicle's power then 3.5 😂. He was too small in the mirror for me to see his tears.

Mags

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Mags
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
What sort of costs are they to convert please ?