• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

19inch rims

Simon58

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
North East
E-Bucks
First Name
Simon
Elgrand
E51
Region
North East
Do 19inch rims make the ride really bad , as I've been offered some 19inch rims at a reasonable price I'm on 17s at moment with 215/60 tyres . I'm just concerned about the ride . Any comments?.

E-Bucks
First Name
Brendan
Elgrand
E51
Do 19inch rims make the ride really bad , as I've been offered some 19inch rims at a reasonable price I'm on 17s at moment with 215/60 tyres . I'm just concerned about the ride . Any comments?.
I have 19's on mine and with a new tyres and a 45 side wall profile they do seem a lot better. Obviously the higher the side wall the better the ride IMHOP as more tyre between the road and you via the rims. Its all a personal choice thing mate at end of the day. SNV32437.JPG SNV32439.JPG SNV32435.JPG

Simon58

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
North East
E-Bucks
First Name
Simon
Elgrand
E51
Region
North East
Blimey apart from the wheels and spoiler yours looks just like mine . I do like the rims especially 19inch fill the arches nicley. Will see if I can get rims a bit cheaper. Lovely van mate .😎👍👍👍👍👍

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
E-Bucks
First Name
Richard
Elgrand
E51
I have 19" wheels with the rears on 35 and fronts on 40, ride is pretty harsh and now after seeing the roads in the UK I think I would not risk buckling them any further!!!

E-Bucks
First Name
Brendan
Elgrand
E51
Blimey apart from the wheels and spoiler yours looks just like mine . I do like the rims especially 19inch fill the arches nicley. Will see if I can get rims a bit cheaper. Lovely van mate .😎👍👍👍👍👍
Cheers and thanks. I love it. Go for what your head is telling you albeit the best option all round are 18 inch with a nice thick tyre.

John64

Premium Member
E51 Owner
North West
E-Bucks
First Name
John A
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
My only concern about putting bigger rims on is that if you don't get the rolling circumference right it could alter the breaking distance and as you all know these buses don't like stopping quickly :rolleyes: Not sure about the speed calibration as it might be taken from the gear box but I know when I was rallying and I was running 15" forest tyres, the breaking was spot on even with the bias valve set at 70/30 to the rear. When I put 17" tarmac tyres on and the bias was the other way round, I had to fairly well stamp on the brakes to get it to stop even double jumping to get all the weight to the front still got a few screems from my navigator and a few choice words :D

However Brendan's rims look the dogs danglies so personally I would go for them. :)
So Brendan... do you know if they do the rims you have in 17" ;)

E-Bucks
First Name
Brendan
Elgrand
E51
My only concern about putting bigger rims on is that if you don't get the rolling circumference right it could alter the breaking distance and as you all know these buses don't like stopping quickly :rolleyes: Not sure about the speed calibration as it might be taken from the gear box but I know when I was rallying and I was running 15" forest tyres, the breaking was spot on even with the bias valve set at 70/30 to the rear. When I put 17" tarmac tyres on and the bias was the other way round, I had to fairly well stamp on the brakes to get it to stop even double jumping to get all the weight to the front still got a few screems from my navigator and a few choice words :D

However Brendan's rims look the dogs danglies so personally I would go for them. :)
So Brendan... do you know if they do the rims you have in 17" ;)
No idea mate albeit if you drive carefully you wont need to stamp on the brakes as much thus it will stop in good time and save you a fortune in brake pads too:p