E51 XL 04 Battery drain problem in the Audio circuit

RustyWires

E51 Owner
Anyone got a copy of the audio circuit diagram for an e51 xl.

Confirmed last night that I have 0.38A of current draw through the 15A audio circuit.
Disconnected the double din and the navigation unit but still the same.

What else is in the circuit?

Derek

Premium Member
what about separate sub or external dvds or rear access inputs or rear screen would they have possible separate supplies. then reverse camera or side camera as I would think they link into the ice.

RustyWires

E51 Owner
what about separate sub or external dvds or rear access inputs or rear screen would they have possible separate supplies. then reverse camera or side camera as I would think they link into the ice.
I had thought about the reversing camera and side camera and think that will be my next stop. Had not considered the DVD player. I'll see if I can find somewhere to disconnect. Wonder if the rear stuff runs through the fuses at the back?

Edit : no separate sub

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
It’s about the only permanent live easily tapped into so any aftermarket accessories may be tapped into it. (As far as my limited understanding of circuit diagrams allows me to read them) as far as I can tell (from the not very comprehensive JPNZ Manual)
only the headunit runs on the BAT as opposed to ACC power.

Unfortunately the diagrams are copyrighted so you’d need to obtain your own Manual to satisfy yourself.

RustyWires

E51 Owner
More food for thought. Only after market stuff I can find is a digital tuner which is disconnected and some kerb cameras. Maybe look there first. Anyone near Scotland have a workshop manual I could look at. Haha