• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Which Elgrand have you got?

Which Elgrand have you got?

• E50

Votes: 246 15.9%
  • E51

Votes: 1,175 75.8%
  • E52

Votes: 48 3.1%
  • None

Votes: 82 5.3%

• Total voters
Love surprising people at the lights! lol Especially T5's!!!

T5 what? - Volvo? if you're beating that they're not trying!

There isn't a model that Volvo makes or made with a T5 engine (be it 2.0 or 2.3) that couldn't crack 0-60 in 7.0 seconds or less - and the vast majority are front wheel drive to boot.

Granted as big van like cars go - Elgrands are rapid but keep it "reals homes"!

T5 as in VW Transporter (5th version) I assumed... easier to spot and educate owners / drivers about e51 performance stats. :rofl:

T5 as in VW Transporter (5th version) I assumed... easier to spot and educate owners / drivers about e51 performance stats. :rofl:

Haha - that'll teach me to jump to conclusions!

I've gotten quite familiar with Volvo's over the years (T5's started my interest).

The wife has a Volvo V70 T6 with a polestar remap (Volvo main dealers do the remap) circa 305hp and about 350lb/ft - goes like stink!

Yeah - I doubt there's anything than a breathed on 2.4tdi T4 (was the 5 cyl motor available in the T5?) in the transporter range can get under 10 seconds?

Haha - that'll teach me to jump to conclusions!

I've gotten quite familiar with Volvo's over the years (T5's started my interest).

The wife has a Volvo V70 T6 with a polestar remap (Volvo main dealers do the remap) circa 305hp and about 350lb/ft - goes like stink!

Yeah - I doubt there's anything than a breathed on 2.4tdi T4 (was the 5 cyl motor available in the T5?) in the transporter range can get under 10 seconds?

I lost interest with Transporters after Transit clone t5 came out, well actually it was when production of the vr6 t4 stopped (mainly for US market).

I note Dodge have reworded the Ducato with a 250bhp 3.5v6 petrol auto ...

Yep you were right I was talking about a VW Transporter! lol I know those Volvo's are bl**dy quick I would never try it on with one of them!!! lol

Almost double the 51's to 50's now!

Only 286 votes out of 1000 members though - we can do better :rofl:

Its not so much about power as power to weight ratio ,Road and track did a test with Olympic sprinter Lewis Frank against a bmw 320 , he was in front to almost 100ft, just google " Human or car faster ".plus reaction time comes into it , unless they are regularly racing 0-whatever its quite easy to get the drop on a sleeping supercar at the lights .v70 weighs 1789/1811 , Elgrand 1930/1970 , so , 100kg less and 65hp more the volvo should win , however the adage you snooze you lose applies .

I always refer to Cho as a mpv , its just a silly personal thing , my in laws call it a van and it makes me think of a beaten up transit or ducato conversion , rant over :confounded:

Come on guys, 1600+ members and just over 300 votes.

I always refer to Cho as a mpv , its just a silly personal thing , my in laws call it a van and it makes me think of a beaten up transit or ducato conversion , rant over :confounded:

I usually say car for mine without thinking but have called it people carrier, mpv, bus & van. It's surprising how many people assume it's a camper too - probably because they can't see inside much due to tinted rear windows or perhaps they notice the curtains?

My daughters took the piss out of me the other day because I referred to it as a cracking vehicle. Apparently "nobody says vehicle anymore dad" followed by much laughter & repeating shouts of "look at that vehicle over there dad" LITTLE GITS ;):)

It's surprising how many people assume it's a camper too

Probably because the VW T5 boys all have their camper converted, so people see a similar shape and assume it's a camper and that you are a trendy wanker that follows the heard like a good sheep should.

Apparently "nobody says vehicle anymore dad"

Is that because people seem to have lost the ability to use "real words" for things these days... like bae, motor, bestie... etc etc :joy:

whatever , and you have to use your hands to make a double U shape on your forehead ,

Back