E51 Where can I hide my Amp(s)?

Chimestrike

E51 Owner
Hi All,

I'm looking to sort the audio in the bus and have been thinking about where I can put my amps where they will be hidden away, question is where?

Has anyone had any success with putting them in behind the rear quarter panels or is there a nice space where they can be tucked away (too big for the foot steps holes)

The sub amp I was going to build into the amp box so it can be removed if needed when I go to shift stuff but I'm struggling for ideas and with the weather I don't want to really pull random panels off in the cold and risk braking things if someone knows of some good spots

Cheers in advance

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
What about under the front seats?

Depending on the size of the amps will dictate where to fit them...

I ended up fitting mine inside the center table I built....

Could build a sub box to fit behind the rear seats and attach the amps to the box.

How about attaching to the roof liner for something different? :)

Chimestrike

E51 Owner
The 4 channel is small enough that it used to fir under my seat in the volvo, is there much space under the seats in these as I know the passenger side has a ducket drawer, so would it fit under that? its only 40mm high ish?

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
I think there is plenty of room under there although I'm basing this on the E50...

Dont forget will need space for ventilation

chris wills

Premium Member
E51 Owner
I have one amp under the front passenger seat. There isn't much room due to the seat slider mechanism. I have another under the rear seat as there is loads of space. My sub amp is also under the rear seat but built into a rack with leds too