• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

So, my mother-in-law is moving to be near us on the 12th October as where she is in the New Forest is just too remote for her at 86 with no car.
What does she do...books an appointment to have her cataracts done on the 7th. Had to go to Southampton Hospital for a pre-op ECG yesterday. Long story short, hospital couldn't believe 'she'd walked in on her own legs'! Rushed her straight to CCU and had a biventricular pacemaker fitted today!
The good news is she phoned us straight after the operation and sounds 10 years younger. So she's actually moving tomorrow now, we're going to get her and bring her up here.
We love her to bits but really...she was told 7 years ago about her cataracts and that she needed a pacemaker and she chooses to do it NOW FFS!
I did think if the operation didn't kill her, we would have done!!

New house, new eyes, new heart.....sounds like she is embracing a new beginning. Meanwhile, you should go have a lie down!
Think we need it mate...to be fair the bloody eyes still haven't been done due to the heart problem!
Just hope she likes it when she can actually SEE her new house....

Retirement age vs life expectancy. One is absolutely going up, I'm not so sure about the other...

Nevermind the required pension pot required to live a semi reasonable existence and the chances of all the money you've paid in to pensions being worth fuck all.

I'm going back to plan A and having died before it becomes an issue. Live fast, die middle aged and leave a flaming christmas pudding rivalling corpse.

Nevermind the required pension pot required to live a semi reasonable existence and the chances of all the money you've paid in to pensions being worth fuck all.
I know where you're coming from mate...they keep putting up the pension age but who is going to employ you until you get there?!

I love the fact she’s cracking on at 86 yrs young. I hope to be a handful to my kids at that age.
Lol...she only sold her coupe a year or so ago as she couldn't see to drive! She wanted to buy my old TT a few years before that!

Sorry to lower the tone but....I'm scottish, I live in scotland....wee nippy has just said I can't drink inside pubs and I can only drink outside till 10pm?

But I'm scottish.....stopping drinking at 10pm? WTF

I live in scotland....its October...in Scotland?!? WTF.

Is this some elaborate sober for October joke?????

WTF!! Headed off this morning from home in Central Scotland in our little Citroen c15 motorhome for few days. Long story short, broke down in Carlisle and called the RAC at 2.00 pm. A patrol eventually turned up at 8.30 PM!!. Couldn't sort the problem so arranged for relay home. Wrong type of truck turned up at 10.00PM and promptly left again!! Just arrived home via taxi and C15 still sitting in Carlisle. Useless fecks!!!!

Sorry to lower the tone but....I'm scottish, I live in scotland....wee nippy has just said I can't drink inside pubs and I can only drink outside till 10pm?

But I'm scottish.....stopping drinking at 10pm? WTF

I live in scotland....its October...in Scotland?!? WTF.

Is this some elaborate sober for October joke?????
Get in your ellie and check out pubs with motorhome and campervan stopovers (that's an app on Google)
On your way south before you hit Watford g

A circuit break style lockdown is coming. People are still mixing and mingling, so now comes the “special” measures to make us all feel the pain. Then we all turn on each other, grass up our neighbours and publicly shame the “spreaders”.

Put in my application for a move to America. They have free special drugs that just make you better. I’ve seen it on the news! Trump fully recovered and they have won the battle 😂

Tough times ahead. Not even thinking what it will be like on the Xmas build up.....😬

WHaT tHe FuCK ... ordered a candle from the states , the wife loves the smell of two stroke, follows me around when I’m using the chainsaw or hedge trimmer... thought I’d ordered a two stroke scented candle ,,, only place they can be found the good old U S of A .. $49 including delivery .... ok I can handle that it’s coming from a long way..... then to get a hit by UK customs of £16 import tax... robbing fuckers for a fucking candle it’s only a fucking candle ... candle

WHaT tHe FuCK ... ordered a candle from the states , the wife loves the smell of two stroke, follows me around when I’m using the chainsaw or hedge trimmer... thought I’d ordered a two stroke scented candle ,,, only place they can be found the good old U S of A .. $49 including delivery .... ok I can handle that it’s coming from a long way..... then to get a hit by UK customs of £16 import tax... robbing fuckers for a fucking candle it’s only a fucking candle ... candle
All I can say it better fucking smell like two stroke

Why don't you just warm up some Castrol R in an oil burner?

Back