• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Well today I installed 5 out of 7 seats just the front two to go. The difference is amazing.
Oh and finished prep on one alloy and got 1/5 around the next.
🤪

Attachments

• 7076D392-7601-4E83-983B-26415D18EF83.jpeg
    7076D392-7601-4E83-983B-26415D18EF83.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 6499F9B1-EFA9-4E2E-A7AA-DBB013A8EFB3.jpeg
    6499F9B1-EFA9-4E2E-A7AA-DBB013A8EFB3.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 16
Well today I installed 5 out of 7 seats just the front two to go. The difference is amazing.
Oh and finished prep on one alloy and got 1/5 around the next.
🤪

@Crazycraig Looks well nice! Did you also get door guards or by luck were the old ones a perfect match! :p

@Crazycraig Looks well nice! Did you also get door guards or by luck were the old ones a perfect match! :p
Door guards do you mean lower plastic trim? If so only one that needs work is centre console!!
Other than that it’s gonna be remove old and spray Matt black

Nice job. You cant rush a good job.

Worth it to get rid of the dreaded metal worm buddy, don't want to be having to do it again in a couple of months. My problem is knowing where/when to stop 😂 was close to painting the full back panel when I seen the grinder sparks all over it, decided against it, gonna just give it a quick coat of lacquer to seal it and hopefully that should be enough to stop it going anywhere, keep having to remind myself that none of it is seen when the bumpers back on lol.

Worth it to get rid of the dreaded metal worm buddy, don't want to be having to do it again in a couple of months. My problem is knowing where/when to stop 😂 was close to painting the full back panel when I seen the grinder sparks all over it, decided against it, gonna just give it a quick coat of lacquer to seal it and hopefully that should be enough to stop it going anywhere, keep having to remind myself that none of it is seen when the bumpers back on lol.
I agree. Do a good job and do it once.

Took all the wheels off yesterday.
Cleaned under the arches.
Cleaned and polished the inside of the wheels.
Then today cleaned the inside.
Washed and polished ready for the North East Auto Show tomorrow.
Its going to rain tonight but will just need a quick detail at the show.
View attachment 4736
View attachment 4737
I will have to get around to repairing the passenger side skirt.
Simpleh, Simpleh, LOVELEH mate.

No, I did that the week before at JapFest - Wheel cleaner baked on in the hot sun and marred them :sob:

View attachment 4870
Don't know if any of these will work for you.
Alloy wheel cleaning hacks
While you should clean alloy wheels thoroughly using recommended cleaning products, some stains could be removed by home solutions.

• Aluminium tinfoil & cola: If you have rust spots that need removing, this mixture works excellently. Soak a piece of aluminium foil (also called tinfoil) in some cola and rub it against the rust like you would if you were sanding a piece of wood.
  • Vinegar: Lingering grease can affect the quality and appearance of your alloys, but it can be removed with an application of white vinegar on a microfibre cloth. Cider also works well for this purpose.
  • Lemon juice: If you’ve managed to remove the toughest stains from your alloys, why not make those clean wheels even more distinctive by adding a splendid shine? Squeeze some lemon juice onto the alloys (or apply with a cloth) and leave it sit for 10 minutes before rinsing off with water.
  • Oven cleaner: Brake dust is quite hard to eliminate, even with plentiful scrubbing, but an oven cleaning product can remove this stubborn stain. Shake the container, spray it into the wheels (be careful not to get any on the bodywork of your vehicle) and leave it for a few minutes before a quick scrub and hosing.
  • Baking soda: When allowed to set into your wheels, rust can be damaging, so baking soda is an ideal home remedy. Mix with water to create a paste, apply the mixture to your wheels and rinse off afterwards.
  • Baby oil: For shiny, rust-free alloy wheels, you could do a lot worse than apply a dab of baby oil on a cotton cloth. Dab is the operative word here as you don’t want to go overboard on the quantity, and it’s especially important not to get the oil on your tyres.
  • WD40: Few products remove tar better than WD40. Spray the substance onto affected areas of the wheels and scrub with a stiff brush before rinsing with a hose, as any lingering WD40 could seep onto the tyre and make it dangerously slick.

Not today, but Saturday... blew my tyre up! Damn that camber wear! Must be more careful! New tyres coming this afternoon :joy:

View attachment 4868

View attachment 4869

Evening all ,
I wondered if anyone can tell me if this
is this a common problem on the E50 model ?
I've noticed that both front tyres on my van are starting to wear on the inside edges, nothing near as bad as poor karls but quite noticeable , leading me to purchase new tyres too ! 😕👎
Also , can you put van tyres on these vehicles ?
Cheers , Nathan

Evening all ,
I've noticed that both front tyres on my van are starting to wear on the inside edges, nothing near as bad as poor karls but quite noticeable , leading me to purchase new tyres too ! 😕👎
Cheers , Nathan
I would not put van tyres on it mate as they will make the ride horrible. Get all your front end checked bushes wise and drop links wise and change as required and then get it all aligned and then keep a close eye on your tyre pressures and regularly rotate your wheels front to rear either side for max tyre life use.

I would not put van tyres on it mate as they will make the ride horrible. Get all your front end checked bushes wise and drop links wise and change as required and then get it all aligned and then keep a close eye on your tyre pressures and regularly rotate your wheels front to rear either side for max tyre life use.

Thank you Brendan,
Great advice Sir .
I'll be seeing you what !!👌

Got some paint on it :) seems to be drying pretty quick. Few coats of colour and now going to put some lacquer on, not made my mind up if I should remask before the lacquer so it covers past the edges of the paint, just hate the masking bit as it takes so bloody long.
DSC_0863.JPG
DSC_0864.JPGDSC_0866.JPG

Evening all ,
Cheers , Nathan

My last E50 likes to eat inside tyre walls... and my current one does as well. I put it down to the fact that both of mine were lowered considerably on coilovers with no other adjustment of any kind.

Don't know if any of these will work for you.
Alloy wheel cleaning hacks
While you should clean alloy wheels thoroughly using recommended cleaning products, some stains could be removed by home solutions.

• Aluminium tinfoil & cola: If you have rust spots that need removing, this mixture works excellently. Soak a piece of aluminium foil (also called tinfoil) in some cola and rub it against the rust like you would if you were sanding a piece of wood.
  • Vinegar: Lingering grease can affect the quality and appearance of your alloys, but it can be removed with an application of white vinegar on a microfibre cloth. Cider also works well for this purpose.
  • Lemon juice: If you’ve managed to remove the toughest stains from your alloys, why not make those clean wheels even more distinctive by adding a splendid shine? Squeeze some lemon juice onto the alloys (or apply with a cloth) and leave it sit for 10 minutes before rinsing off with water.
  • Oven cleaner: Brake dust is quite hard to eliminate, even with plentiful scrubbing, but an oven cleaning product can remove this stubborn stain. Shake the container, spray it into the wheels (be careful not to get any on the bodywork of your vehicle) and leave it for a few minutes before a quick scrub and hosing.
  • Baking soda: When allowed to set into your wheels, rust can be damaging, so baking soda is an ideal home remedy. Mix with water to create a paste, apply the mixture to your wheels and rinse off afterwards.
  • Baby oil: For shiny, rust-free alloy wheels, you could do a lot worse than apply a dab of baby oil on a cotton cloth. Dab is the operative word here as you don’t want to go overboard on the quantity, and it’s especially important not to get the oil on your tyres.
  • WD40: Few products remove tar better than WD40. Spray the substance onto affected areas of the wheels and scrub with a stiff brush before rinsing with a hose, as any lingering WD40 could seep onto the tyre and make it dangerously slick.

I've tried many branded metal cleaners and found them pretty useless, however Britemax Twins are really very effective, I believe its popular with Harley Davidson riders. I use on all sorts of things and to remove very heavy discolouration and marks from a chrome exhaust tip which had probably been like it for 20+, it doesn't seem to very abrasive and score the surface but also doesn't take a great deal of effort. Haven't tried it on wheel cleaner stains but it could be worth a go on you wheels @Karl.

It seems fairly pricey but well worth it:
https://www.britemax-direct.co.uk/P...fKk_gT_TU2tZejGBs_AatYafWsVzf9xYaArd6EALw_wcB

Back