• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Took all the wheels off yesterday.
Cleaned under the arches.
Cleaned and polished the inside of the wheels.
Then today cleaned the inside.
Washed and polished ready for the North East Auto Show tomorrow.
Its going to rain tonight but will just need a quick detail at the show.
20180511_123314.jpg
20180511_123328.jpg
I will have to get around to repairing the passenger side skirt.

View attachment 4736
View attachment 4737

Good job fella,
Your van looks stunning !
A lot of hard work and love has gone into that for sure !

Great work matey 😎👍👍👍👍👍

I found the source of a Rattle !
I thought the noise was coming from a side door but i was wrong.
It was the black plastic trim around the each side of the rear sunroof glass that was rattling ,
I fixed it with a couple of rubber spacers pushed in behind it and voila ... the sound of silence.

DSC_0824.JPG

Took the van yesterday and got the 4 wheel alignment done :) feels great to drive now (wasn't too bad before, just could tell its wasn't 100%), bit tighter and more sure-footed. Guy commented on how spotless the van was underneath, said he never seen even as much as one perished bush which was great to hear.

Only thing he said was that he couldnt get the rear camber to adjust any further, bolts are at max adjustment, leaves it with slightly more negative camber but I don't mind that :). £80 well spent, hopefully wheels next, just need to find a set.

19" wheels refitted, oil checked and topped up, coolant/screenwash levels checked and interior detailed... thats me done for the day! :)

clean.jpg

I found my rear windows dont pop out when i hit button .
They WERE working ,or one of them was, i saw it , but now nothing :poop:
should i give them a bit of a push from inside to encourage openig while someone presses the buttons ?
Any ideas ?
Good news is my Jauce.com order is now on its way to me :D

I found my rear windows dont pop out when i hit button .
They WERE working ,or one of them was, i saw it , but now nothing :poop:
should i give them a bit of a push from inside to encourage openig while someone presses the buttons ?
Any ideas ?
Good news is my Jauce.com order is now on its way to me :D

Most members have a problem with their rear windows, best to just keep them closed @davee

Most members have a problem with their rear windows, best to just keep them closed @davee

Same with mine and its not worth the bother of taking them out to see about cleaning/lubricating or buying second hand ones which pack up equally quickly.

View attachment 4736
View attachment 4737
MUST ADMIT LOOKS GREAT

First time camping out in mine this weekend and on the way back first time using the horno_O. OMG what is with that pathetic thing. You're driving a beast of a machine, you need to give some plonker what for and it's got the blast of a moped toot!!!! thank god the camping went well! Love driving this through the hills and out the corners of the peak district listening to the sweet V6 - that is a sound I'm not embarrassed by.:D

Last edited:
Went to collects set seats from Gloucester and then blasted through Forest of Dean on way home. Somehow daughter went to sleep with the sound of exhaust screaming.
Thousands of flies welded to bonnet.

Got paint mixed for wheels yesterday.
So now all materials got to complete. Just prep now.

Now when am I gonna get all this done before castle Combe???

Went to collects set seats from Gloucester and then blasted through Forest of Dean on way home. Somehow daughter went to sleep with the sound of exhaust screaming.

Got paint mixed for wheels yesterday.
So now all materials got to complete. Just prep now.
Now when am I gonna get all this done before castle Combe???

What seats do you have in yours? Or more importantly, what colour are the plastics below the seats?😁

Attachments

• 24AEA67F-2A3B-444E-B1D3-2D510F86FB78.jpeg
    24AEA67F-2A3B-444E-B1D3-2D510F86FB78.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 16
  • FBFF5117-7D2D-45FE-8178-9782A42E9057.jpeg
    FBFF5117-7D2D-45FE-8178-9782A42E9057.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 16
Ah same as mine I thought the plastic would have been black on an S2.

After collecting the new car i found that the "select" button on the panel below wasnt working properly, Colin sent me a new one up which arrived this morning, fitted and working a treat.

Also just booked in with @Lpgc to work his black magic.

Back