• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Yeah it would look nice against any Elgrand colour I think Dave. I would leave your side skirts White too buddy. Sometimes less is more.
Yea gonna leave the side skirts white, although at the moment I have only one side skirt fitted as I have a step on the off side that opens out when the door opens. I've got two black side skirts sat in the garage so need to get one sprayed white so could have the splitter done at the same time. I like the ways yours looks part of the originally

Yea gonna leave the side skirts white, although at the moment I have only one side skirt fitted as I have a step on the off side that opens out when the door opens. I've got two black side skirts sat in the garage so need to get one sprayed white so could have the splitter done at the same time. I like the ways yours looks part of the originally
So are you gonna buy one of those splitters then Dave ive got on mine???? Personally I would leave it in the gloss Black colour. It would look awesome on white. Check out the E52 model Elgrand for sale on ebay in white which has the optional Nismo Black front spoiler/splitter fitted. its ace.:p:p

So are you gonna buy one of those splitters then Dave ive got on mine???? Personally I would leave it in the gloss Black colour. It would look awesome on white. Check out the E52 model Elgrand for sale on ebay in white which has the optional Nismo Black front spoiler/splitter fitted. its ace.:p:p
Yea, on my list of bits to get, found them on e-bay for £99 and Ian one of our local Elgrand owners has a Matt black one fitted to his white Highway Star which looks good.

Well gave mine another nice long run up to Nottingham again this weekend. Did not expect the snow TBH but she drove up there lovely on Friday albeit traffic was crap. Managed to gain a max of 9.4 KPL on the fuel computer so around 26 MPG again which is great. Journey back down today was not so good due to all the snow but I drove back via all motorway route this time with a sticking left rear brake caliper again but still managed to achieve 9.5 KPL and around 27 MPG I think roughly which was not bad. Stopped off for a caliper cool down 30 min break @ Worcester road Motors to see if they had a spare caliper going spare. Sadly not but they did offer to get it re-furbished for me if I get it to them ASAP. Could not ask for fairer than that after sales service wise. Del also said if I could afford to have my van off the road for a short while he could get all 4 calipers fully refurbished and painted ANY colour I liked for a very good price. I may just consider that offer as I would love RED calipers on mine with YELLOW hangers.

Made it back home to a snowy Swindon and parked her up on the driveway. Bloody filthy she is.:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Wired up my DRLs including the control relay I got from Amazon. DRLs come on when the engine starts and go off when ignition switched off. DRLs also go off when lights are switched on so conform with UK MOT requirements. One job down many more to do😀

Fitted my Nextbase Hardwire Kit today, dashcam works a treat now off the ignition and I have my cigarette lighter back! :) Found it extremely easy to fit and also found a good trick to fit the wire above the headliner... just hook the end of the wire over the right hand corner of the headliner exposed once the A pillar is removed and then just slide the wire along, no need to try and tuck the wire behind with a screwdriver and damaging the headliner!

Bought wood yesterday and everything to convert the van. Just been remeasuring today to make sure I have the best plan for what we need. Can't wait to get it all done now.

Put some led bulbs in reversing lights as I can see squat at night through the camera.. still not bright enough so may step up to 30watt bulbs
Mount a huge Cibie lamp on the tailgate and wire that to the reversing light feed:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: Had one on my Mini Cooper S years ago and by god it was bright.

So today I managed to snap my engine cover shroud in half by trying to refit the airbox intake section!!!! :mad::mad::mad: Yes I know I should have removed it first!!! lol
Any ideas how I can fix it other than the norm of superglue! Is there anything else on the market that might help?

Engine Cover.jpg

So today I managed to snap my engine cover shroud in half by trying to refit the airbox intake section!!!! :mad::mad::mad: Yes I know I should have removed it first!!! lol
Any ideas how I can fix it other than the norm of superglue! Is there anything else on the market that might help?

View attachment 3487

@stevemen can probably help Richard ;). thought they'd be a bit stronger than that mate, sorry to see it's broken on you :(

@stevemen can probably help Richard ;). thought they'd be a bit stronger than that mate, sorry to see it's broken on you :(

Yes @Phil I thought so! My wife was not impressed as I shouldn't have been working on the Elgrand at the time, should have been cooking!!! I think a lesson learnt here not to rush jobs and take your time!! :mad:
Do you reckon I can glue it and then maybe vinyl wrap it, cannot afford to spend money on a new one! :eek:

Last edited:
I've seen ads for gorilla tapes & glues. They look good (like all ads make their products) but I don't have any first hand experience. May be worth a search for them on youtube if nobody else has any ideas :)

Next time cook the spag bol first ;)

I've seen ads for gorilla tapes & glues. They look good (like all ads make their products) but I don't have any first hand experience. May be worth a search for them on youtube if nobody else has any ideas :)

Next time cook the spag bol first ;)

Close, it was a Rice dish! @Phil lol

Last edited:
I think the 30watt bulbs should do the trick..don’t want to get a sun tan from them

Back