• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

No way @Chris T!!!!!! What did you get? Pics? :p:p

I did indeed, I got a text at 5:30 am to tell me I won the auction. It's a 2004 rider S, white, 4WD. Auction grade 4B. Will get some pics up when it reaches the port out there.

@Chris T niceeeeeeee, look foward to seeing pics!

@Chris T niceeeeeeee, look foward to seeing pics!

I'm happy with it, I wanted silver but in the S they didn't come up often enough for sale in 4wd. This one has had one owner, clean and tidy, not much in the way of bells and whistles, but clean and tidy was more important to me.

Give it a gd wash and polish tried to copy @Rapperfrapper decent job but not as gd as his
Looks tidy mate. Well done. I also today machined polished mine MYSELF and saved £200. I have to say she has come up a treat and I used my autoglym ultra deep shine polish and my electric buffer machine. Went super gentle too and I am very happy with the results so far. Just got the roof to do now and the door shuts by hand and then just keep adding that wax and she will just keep getting better and better. Sadly black does show up all the tiny age related marks etc albeit I can live with those.

Added new Calor gas bottle and new electric hook up cable and just sat there in a trance mesmerised enjoying my E51
Next Job Friday main dealer for new key Then next Monday local garage rear Cats being removed and under-sealed Then last job the WHEELS really stuck on that one do I spend big bucks on refurb or big bucks on replacements Jury's out !!
Just put all my ex caravan stuff on gumtree waste master Aqua rolls etc no room or needed in Bessie !!!

Picked it up from the undersealers, washed it, checked and topped up the oil and washer fluid, inflated the tyres, replaced a blown side light bulb. A quick question....I have discovered that my Elgrand doesn't have a jack or wheelbrace... any idea where I can get one in a hurry as I am off to France on Thu (or is it safe to use a scissor jack from another car)? Also, any idea where the fuse is for the 12 volt sockets? Neither are working!

Charged the battery - haven't used it for over a month, maybe more.

Top tip - if you are not going to use your Elgrand for a while and think the battery may go flat, don't leave it parked with the drivers door practically touching a fence or wall. You may have difficulty getting back into it...

Well I tracked down the noise from the front end. The brake pads even though they have plenty of meat are fucked! They are crumbling to bits and one of the springs has rotted off. One of the sliders was seized too, I’ve only checked the drivers side so expecting the same the other. New ones on order for a job in the week!

Got my headunit in the van. The bass and sound overall is mint now. I thought the MTX speakers all round made a big improvement but combined with my Pioneer DEH1900-UB head unit it's awesome!

Oh and I also put in a gimmicky truck horn. 150db my ass but at least I've got a horn that works now.

Just opened the bonnet with the intent of fitting led indicators.. have the resisters and in-line connectors..but you know what if it ain’t broke why try n fix it? Would mean me opening up the lighting lume and I can foresee me braking something... so I’m just gonna have another brew and pat myself on my back for not braking anything on daisey... just gonna clean and grease up a few bits instead..

Picked it up from the undersealers, washed it, checked and topped up the oil and washer fluid, inflated the tyres, replaced a blown side light bulb. A quick question....I have discovered that my Elgrand doesn't have a jack or wheelbrace... any idea where I can get one in a hurry as I am off to France on Thu (or is it safe to use a scissor jack from another car)? Also, any idea where the fuse is for the 12 volt sockets? Neither are working!
Have you checked in side the side bin below the front passenger seat door step???

Spent a couple of hours fitting the Thule 973 bike rack I won last week eBay. The previous owner had it set up for an Astra so I had to start from scratch. Also then spent another hour workin out best way to fit 3 of the 4 bikes we own on it.

Really pleased as it only cost me £24 (plus 15 quid gas).

jpeek2.jpg

Today I have been buffing my exhaust and cleaning all the door shuts/underneath of bonnet etc. Must be desperate cleaning all the areas no one sees! lol

bumper2.jpg

What did I do to my Elgrand today? I nearly cheated on her...went to look at a Long Wheel Base L400 Delica that was literally right on my doorstep - and it turned out to be completely rotten underneath so my Elgrand's safe for now :)

Very quietly and softly spoken ssshhh, I went to a VW show ssshhh, BUT in my defense I did meet a fellow Elgrander, bought a wrap around screen cover from fuel lagoon and two locks a bacon butti and a cupa tea 😀

Today I have been buffing my exhaust and cleaning all the door shuts/underneath of bonnet etc. Must be desperate cleaning all the areas no one sees! lol

View attachment 2847
Aaah but you're not just cleaning the parts you can see. You're cleaning all the grime and grot off the mechanical parts that are hidden from the eye! :p

Aaah but you're not just cleaning the parts you can see. You're cleaning all the grime and grot off the mechanical parts that are hidden from the eye! :p

Try telling the other half that! lol I could spend the whole day in the garage if I could! ;)

Back