• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Had my new set of 245/45/R19 Maxxis VS-01 tyres fitted today along with the set of Red alloy gators. I have to say the ride quality is a lot better and they look great. Total bill was £528 all in as he gave me some discount off it all.

My old tyres were a set of Falken's with 245/40/R 19 rubber and the age date on them all were week 44 of 2011 so I think they did well. There were bad cracks inbetween the treads so I am glad ive had them done and also glkad ive gone up 1 side wall profile for a tad extra ride comfort.

Cruise control being fitted Tuesday morning.:p

I will take a piView attachment 2366View attachment 2367View attachment 2368View attachment 2369

Just needs some tyre black @Brendan1969 to finish her off! :p

Investigated a nasty screeching noise from the front end that started last night. Stalled out the engine a few seconds after it started, BIG panic and £ signs rolling before my eyes like l’d just hit the jackpot on a one armed bandit. Turns out it’s the aircon fan bearing failed. Scared the crap out of me, big relief it’s not as expensive as first thought. Found that brake fluid is leaking also as the level is well down but i’ll be buggered if I can find where from, no visible leaks anywhere. Hopefully praying that it’s not leaking back into the servo as that could be fun to change, NOT. AND still can’t get the soft close to work on side or rear doors. All in all a lot of hours spent for very little gain. I said in my introductory post this would be an adventure, looks like I was right. 😊

this weekend i have fitted a new crazy ecu, 5 out of the 8 cusco underbody braces and worked out how to get some more stance on the rear. it wont be long and ill have much more stance with maybe 11 or 12 j rims

this weekend i have fitted a new crazy ecu, 5 out of the 8 cusco underbody braces and worked out how to get some more stance on the rear. it wont be long and ill have much more stance with maybe 11 or 12 j rims
Lets see some pictures please

Hi @chris wills
I've been looking for bracing but so far only managed to find stiffer anti roll bars, I'd be most interested in any information or internet link you can post about the (EIGHT!!!) Cusco.

Am going to be changing my wheels but not as far as 11 or 12J. Out of interest would such a larger width create a sort of extra drag (or however best described) and have a minor affect on performance. It'll of course be nothing like over sized circumference, I have an old Range Rover which someone had put bigger wheels on and its amazing how they zap power.

In answer to the question of the thread, jump started it with some difficulty after parking it front ways on my grass. Thought it had only been a week since I last used it but thinking about it now its longer although not 100% confident in the battery. Of course the electric side door jammed half way open in the dark and I'd forgotten about the switch under the steering column :confounded:

Big day today for mine. Taking her to have her new Cruise control kit fitted. Fingers crossed all will be well later today.;)SNV32433.JPG Well its all fitted and working a treat finally. LOL. Took nearly 3 hours in total with a tea and bacon roll break so lets say 2 hours. Cost me £80 to have it fitted and at the same time he REMOVED a lot of the redundant wiring lurking underneath the dash panels which used to power the toll jobbies they use in Japan. The guy I used ( Alex ) is a JAP car enthusiast too and knows all about Jap wiring and how they add to it over the years with all sorts of electrical gizmo's so he was no stranger to spaghetti junction under there. LOL.

It does not bother me either that the controls are full black in colour. Its just the way it came and I am happy to live with it OR I could maybe just apply some cream coloured wrap over the 2 flat bits which should be coloured like my audio control side switches on the LHS of the steering wheel.

Took her for a test drive and it all works perfectly and he enjoyed fitting it too as he did say it was very easy and the full colour instructions were excellent and easy to follow ( For him yes ) NOT ME!!!!!!! LOL.

Apart from looking at having mine " chipped " or what ever some call it I am pretty much there now albeit ive just booked my valeter guy for all day next Tuesday for a full valet and machine polish and wax so I can see just how good she is before I decide weather to have full ceramic paint protection applied.

Last edited:
Big day today for mine. Taking her to have her new Cruise control kit fitted. Fingers crossed all will be well later today.;)View attachment 2409 Well its all fitted and working a treat finally. LOL. Took nearly 3 hours in total with a tea and bacon roll break so lets say 2 hours. Cost me £80 to have it fitted and at the same time he REMOVED a lot of the redundant wiring lurking underneath the dash panels which used to power the toll jobbies they use in Japan. The guy I used ( Alex ) is a JAP car enthusiast too and knows all about Jap wiring and how they add to it over the years with all sorts of electrical gizmo's so he was no stranger to spaghetti junction under there. LOL.

It does not bother me either that the controls are full black in colour. Its just the way it came and I am happy to live with it OR I could maybe just apply some cream coloured wrap over the 2 flat bits which should be coloured like my audio control side switches on the LHS of the steering wheel.

Took her for a test drive and it all works perfectly and he enjoyed fitting it too as he did say it was very easy and the full colour instructions were excellent and easy to follow ( For him yes ) NOT ME!!!!!!! LOL.

Apart from looking at having mine " chipped " or what ever some call it I am pretty much there now albeit ive just booked my valeter guy for all day next Tuesday for a full valet and machine polish and wax so I can see just how good she is before I decide weather to have full ceramic paint protection applied.

Nice one! @Brendan1969 get them to wet sand it as well like @Rapperfrapper your black paint will then be popping!!! ;)

The cusco braces are import from japan but there are some other brands available if you trawl ebay. they are not cheap though. the cusco bcs front upper strut tower/brace cost around £400 alone after taxes etc the other 8 around another £800 i would guess. i can send you some links if you require though

oooh thats good then Bromo. Alexa said might be up to four.:joy:.
Mines sat on a mates car park awaiting dvla. Need to get it home. Needs a wash n brush up. Need to go places.

Big day today for mine. Taking her to have her new Cruise control kit fitted. Fingers crossed all will be well later today.;)View attachment 2409 Well its all fitted and working a treat finally. LOL. Took nearly 3 hours in total with a tea and bacon roll break so lets say 2 hours. Cost me £80 to have it fitted and at the same time he REMOVED a lot of the redundant wiring lurking underneath the dash panels which used to power the toll jobbies they use in Japan. The guy I used ( Alex ) is a JAP car enthusiast too and knows all about Jap wiring and how they add to it over the years with all sorts of electrical gizmo's so he was no stranger to spaghetti junction under there. LOL.

Brilliant mod, do you mind me asking which cruise control kit you purchsed and where from?, would love to do the same to ours

Pleased for you...always nice to hear someone has had a top job done. Great price too. Can almost taste that bacon sarnie. Enjoy your ride 👍🏻☀️😎

Brilliant mod, do you mind me asking which cruise control kit you purchsed and where from?, would love to do the same to ours
I bought the OEM Nissan kit specifically for the Elgrand and as per the picture I posted in this thread on the last page. My total costs including shipping and having it fitted were £460 which for a Proper Nissan kit is excellent. I bought it off a company in Australia who supply them. Mike Sandham is his name and I will get you the details if you like.

Took my E51 to the vinyl wrap guy in Swindon today so he could quote me for the front grill to be wrapped in that Red style I copied of another owners. He quoted me £120 plus VAT!!!!!:cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat: Told him politely to " do one " Bloody comedien.

Back