• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Best wipers these Bosch AeroTwins!

Cannot believe how super silky and quiet they are! Well worth investing in a pair if anyone are needing a new set of wipers!

AR16U and AR26 is the model number, although I saw @Arctic Fox has got a 17 inch? Mine already originally had a 16" so I thought this was the correct size :(

Well I decided to go outside and fit my new wiper blades from Asda and my Nextbase duo dashcam.

All did not go to plan!!! The wipers are Crap so they will be going back. I also found out that the E51's rear wiper is a specific type fitment too so that wound me up and then once I had fitted the 2 x front wipers the passenger one was missing the screen so I put my old ones back on which have new blades in them BTW and I will take the others back to Asda for a refund.

I put a set of them on my brother in laws E50 the other week and they worked fine albeit the fittings are slightly different and standard type. Never mind eh. LOL.

Onto the Next base Duo dash cam next and I had one of those hard wire kits with the 2 x differing fuse carrier lines which was great as the Elgrand has those bleeding mini fuzes.

I consulted my new English workshop manual in the Electrics section ( fuse box area ) and quickly saw there were about 4 ports empty and possibly spares to fit add on devices maybe??

Anyway after a lot of messing around I simply could not get the lead to power up. It was either a bad earth or just me. Are these spare mini fuse ports in the fuze box behind the drivers side knee coin box LIVE????? or NOT???

In the end I admitted defeat and neatly installed the power socket lead instead and plugged it in that way and all worked fine. Only issue now is that my 12v port above the cup holder tray is now taken up and ive had to move my little volt metre jobby in to the rear 12v socket in the RHS of the boot area where I cannot see it!!!! Doh. LOL.

These things are indeed set to test us. LOL

@Brendan1969 you need these buddy, silky smooth and I believe the rear is from a company called Denso.

got an insurance quote £1357. think I might buy a fiesta instead lol

@Brendan1969 you need these buddy, silky smooth and I believe the rear is from a company called Denso.
Richard, ive just looked on ebay and got a pair of Bosch Aero twins up. AR26U & AR16U ( as a pair ) for £18.50 or a pair of AR26U & AR15U for £20.50.
As I understood it the passenger left wiper on mine is 15 inch long so I am wondering if a AR16U will be too long and foul the edge of the screen pillar???

Could you clarify for me please what you have and if its a AR16U does it clear 100% and no fouling/touching of the screen pillar??

My dealer ( WRM ) did say they had replaced the blade inners ONLY and not the actual blade arm itself so I am guessing it came from Japan with a 15 inch fitted.

Cheers in advance

48 yrs old 30 yrs driving 9 yrs ncb and 0 points
Something not right there my friend. With those credentials they should be giving you cover for FREE.

Do you live in a high crime rate area???

I have an Admiral multi car policy and I only paid £350 for my E51 fully comp with all the bells and whistles too.

I am nearly 49, full clean licence, NO points EVER ( just jinxed myself now ) LOL, never made a claim in 30 years of driving albeit I have I.A.M advanced quals as well as DSA examiner/instructor qualifications too but none of them are recognised TBF.

Regards,

General accident. Also have an l200 which is 345 fully comp

Tried with same place as l200 and won't quote me

Richard, ive just looked on ebay and got a pair of Bosch Aero twins up. AR26U & AR16U ( as a pair ) for £18.50 or a pair of AR26U & AR15U for £20.50.
As I understood it the passenger left wiper on mine is 15 inch long so I am wondering if a AR16U will be too long and foul the edge of the screen pillar???

Could you clarify for me please what you have and if its a AR16U does it clear 100% and no fouling/touching of the screen pillar??

My dealer ( WRM ) did say they had replaced the blade inners ONLY and not the actual blade arm itself so I am guessing it came from Japan with a 15 inch fitted.

Cheers in advance

Just checked mate @Brendan1969 and mine are definately AR16U, I even found the old box they came in! lol Clears the windscreen no problem!! A member on here has actually fitted a 17" blade!

This will help with the Nexbase Dashcam problem mate, a walk through how to install a dashcam!
I also have a Nextbase dashcam 312GW its been brilliant! Haven't managed to hardwire mine in yet, I need to get the kit first!

http://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/h...ia-fitting-kit-and-the-cig-lighter-fuse.6230/

Last edited:
Just checked mate @Brendan1969 and mine are definately AR16U, I even found the old box they came in! lol Clears the windscreen no problem!! A member on here has actually fitted a 17" blade!

This will help with the Nexbase Dashcam problem mate, a walk through how to install a dashcam!
I also have a Nextbase dashcam 312GW its been brilliant! Haven't managed to hardwire mine in yet, I need to get the kit first!

http://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/h...ia-fitting-kit-and-the-cig-lighter-fuse.6230/
Cheers Richard. I shall buy em now on ebay.

F**ing fireworks still going off!! My dog is nearly having a heart attack!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Cheers Richard. I shall buy em now on ebay.
Can confirm with Richard as I've just fitted the same and also have it a wash down after going to Market Rasen races on Boxing Day. The field was starting to churn up and had thoughts of all the passengers pushing it back out but had no problems with the winter wheels and snow mode ...

Just re-positioned my E51 on my driveway now our guests and their cars have left. That's as far as mine will be going for a few days now as my body is in detox mode after last nights fun and drink. LOL

Back