• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

So today on my imaginary Elgrand, after spending £700 getting it through an MOT 2 weeks ago the thing refused to start for me 160 miles from home, oh no sorry that wasn't my imaginary Elgrand, it was my real life L200 the stupid mother f##king t##tting piece of shit.

So today on my imaginary Elgrand, after spending £700 getting it through an MOT 2 weeks ago the thing refused to start for me 160 miles from home, oh no sorry that wasn't my imaginary Elgrand, it was my real life L200 the stupid mother f##king t##tting piece of shit.
Sell it and buy an Elgrand. LOL

Sell it and buy an Elgrand. LOL

That's the plan, funny though no one wants to buy it when it doesn't work.

Moot point it's sorted, got wet n dirty on the driveway and fixed it this morning. Also the guy I'm trying to view an Elgrand with can't meet up today so I can have a nose, how dare people have lives outside of selling me a car

Last edited:
That's the plan, funny though no one wants to buy it when it doesn't work.

Moot point it's sorted, got wet n dirty on the driveway and fixed it this morning. Also the guy I'm trying to view an Elgrand with can't meet up today so I can have a nose, how dare people have lives outside of selling me a car
I have PM'd you buddy.

Well its been a long and busy day today starting at 0630am and ive just come inside from todays joys. LOL.

Had all my windows tinted and they look fab ( see att pics ) and I also got a phone call to say my Rider S high top roof spoiler was ready from the paint shop. Ive had it painted in VW Transporter RED for contrast and its superb. Offered it up on the van ( see pics ) just to see how it looks. Very happy I am. Just need to get it bonded on now and secured down. A job over the coming days.

Put all my curtains back in and re-set all the seats back to normal positions. I have to say the more I drive it post Zorst mods and K&N filter fit the livelier it feels and the sound is awesome on full throttle. LOL.SNV32390.JPG SNV32391.JPG SNV32393.JPG SNV32398.JPG SNV32396.JPG SNV32397.JPG SNV32399.JPG SNV32400.JPG

I'm really proud of the spoiler look. And before anyone asks me the answer is NO I am NOT going to do the A Team stripe!!!! LOL. I thought about it but decided it would ruin the vans look as there is too much glass. If it were rear side panels in metal I would have done it.

" Crazy fool " LOL

Looks great @Brendan1969, but hey VW paint on an Elgrand you traitor should have used Nissan red! lol

Windows look great @Brendan1969 did they use film? Did you not get the front side windows done?

Windows look great @Brendan1969 did they use film? Did you not get the front side windows done?
Hi Richard, yes its film albeit the proper stuff and not cheap crap. The firm I use in Swindon ( autoaslylum ) have been doing it at the same place for the last 15 years. They have all the contracts with all the main dealers in Swindon too and have done cars from Aston Martin Ltd and other very high end dealerships like Dick Lovett group.

This is the 4th car they have done for me which is why I always return to them. Far too many dodgy gits around doing tinting these days which looks crap IMHOP. Not with these guys. Husband and wife team.

Its transformed the look of the Elgrand now and for the better.

Spoiler looks great in red, awesome, can't believe you managed to get hold of one in the first place to be honest.
Cheers Chris. I was very lucky for my selling dealer at WRM to find one so soon.

I have only used the top spoiler BTW guys and the White lower spoiler I still have with all its clips/bolts etc. It has also been modded by Nissan to take the top spoiler and has 2 holes cut out of it which you don't see once its all mounted up togeather.

So if anyone needs a White roof spoiler for their E51 this will be for sale. Just PM me for details.

Well today I did a xmas rubbish tip run in mine at 07.30am to the local dump site. I know now exactly why I went and bought another Elgrand. Once those 2 rear seats are folded away its got plenty of room for what I need to do and I filled it up to the roof with all the crap ( neatly bagged up of course ) I could find and off I trotted.

Had a nice drive around Swindon hearing my new sporty zorst note all the way. Dropped in to Asda and bought a new set of those flat blade windscreen wipers for her ( 3 in all ) and will change them tomorrow I think now as the outside temp has dropped off again.

Topped up my fuel tank again to the brim ( £10 ) and re-set the fuel computer. She started off @ 15.6 kpl and settled at 9.8kpl but I was just cruising around town and with my zorst box mod now completed I expect this will increase on the motorway to above 10 kpl hopefully. Still got to arrange to get my Cruise kit fitted and the guy can fit my Next base Duo dash cam hard wire kit at same time or I might just check my handbook for a SPARE 12v source in the fuze box and plug it in there. Its good that you get BOTH leads too for differing size fuse sockets.

Cheers

oil and filter change .again ! so far since ive had it , its had oil changes at 100,826 kl oil and filter,103,000 oil,106,000 oil,115,000 oil and filter. she;s special;)

Well I decided to go outside and fit my new wiper blades from Asda and my Nextbase duo dashcam.

All did not go to plan!!! The wipers are Crap so they will be going back. I also found out that the E51's rear wiper is a specific type fitment too so that wound me up and then once I had fitted the 2 x front wipers the passenger one was missing the screen so I put my old ones back on which have new blades in them BTW and I will take the others back to Asda for a refund.

I put a set of them on my brother in laws E50 the other week and they worked fine albeit the fittings are slightly different and standard type. Never mind eh. LOL.

Onto the Next base Duo dash cam next and I had one of those hard wire kits with the 2 x differing fuse carrier lines which was great as the Elgrand has those bleeding mini fuzes.

I consulted my new English workshop manual in the Electrics section ( fuse box area ) and quickly saw there were about 4 ports empty and possibly spares to fit add on devices maybe??

Anyway after a lot of messing around I simply could not get the lead to power up. It was either a bad earth or just me. Are these spare mini fuse ports in the fuze box behind the drivers side knee coin box LIVE????? or NOT???

In the end I admitted defeat and neatly installed the power socket lead instead and plugged it in that way and all worked fine. Only issue now is that my 12v port above the cup holder tray is now taken up and ive had to move my little volt metre jobby in to the rear 12v socket in the RHS of the boot area where I cannot see it!!!! Doh. LOL.

These things are indeed set to test us. LOL

Back